Huggies Forum

Smelly Nappy Wrapper Rss

I have one of those Nappy Wrappers that I keep in my daughters room. Of late it has been starting to smell really bad when you put another nappy in and the room smells for quite a while. I regularly rinse it out and change before it becomes full. Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop/prevent it smelling. I have used antibacterial sprays aswell. I have just started to put the pooey nappies in those nappy bags before putting in bin, but still smells. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Julie, mum to Abby 05/02/04 & Joel 12/04/07

Thank god its not just me!!!! i have been opening his window and using an oil burner.... they work for a little while. I have no tips but will be watching this post for any tips people have!!!!

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

i dont have one but how bout if you put some baking powder (or is that soda - the one that is good to clean the fridge out as it attacks smells) in the bottom of the container..or keep it in the laundry - that is where my dirty nappy bucket is.
for the 1st 3mths it was great. untilo it got smelly . i tried a bi-card soda packet in the bottom. i used to spray the bin with pine o clean after every bag change, and in the end we put it in the laundry and then it made that room smell. so now i am now using nappy sacks, and i put 2 nappies in every bag and figure it probly uses the same amount of plastic bag as the nappy wrapper.

its great for newborns but as babies get older and smellier, it doesnt hold very much anyway.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Thanks Stephanie and Buzzy for your replies. I have now actually sent a sort of complaint to Tommee Tippee saying that its false advertising to advertise "no smell" when it does. A lady from TT called me and we went through how I use it and I use it correctly. She said she will send me some new clips/claws, so i'll wait for those and see what happens. Its a shame cause its a great idea, you don't have to keep going to the bin, but as it smells so much I am emptying it more, which really defeats the purpose. Stephanie, once I get the claws, I'll let you know how it goes and then maybe you can email TT and get some aswell. In the meantime I will try Buzzys idea as I have some baking soda in cupboard and says on the back small container of bi carb left in the fridge will maintain an odour-free environment. Thanks for that.

can you email me their contact details
stephaniedavy@optusnet.com.au

was there anything wrong with the claws you have?

Steph

Stephanie

www.tommeetippee.com.au, then I went to the customer service tab, then email enquiry.

Don't think there is anything wrong with my claws, she may have thought that new ones will help. We'll wait and see.

Chelby, thank you for your reply also, I totally agree. good to start with the ooohhhh yuk. I will let everyone know when I get the new claws if it makes any difference.

i had another thought re this - i just use a normal pedal bin and the smelly nappy bags and even then it could get quite smelly - that eased off a bit tho when bub got (yucky part) older and his poos were flushable. it seemed the more i flushed the less time it took to stink up the laundry...good luck with the new claws..
I have found the same problem with my Nappy Stacker. It was ok for the first 6 months but has since become really smelly. My husband and I now put all dirtly nappies straight in the bin which defeats the whole purpose of the bin all together. On another note, shortly after we started using the bin we noticed some of the clips began falling off. Consequently many of them were thrown away when the bin was emptied. I complained to TT and they sent some more clips out. We try to keep an eye on them, however we have still lost a couple! I won't be recommending the bin to anyone.

Nicole, QLD, 27/09/03

I have the same nappy bin and found that spraying it with Glen20 after I had emptyed it has worked alot. Just an idea for anyone with the same problem.

Storm 21/04/04,Blade 21/09/05 + one on the way

julie did the claws make any difference?
steph

Hi Steph

Unfortunately no. The bin and room still smelt. After corresponding with the lady at Tommee Tippee I requested to have a refund as there was no point in keeping a product that in my opinion didn't work. Yesterday I dropped the bin of at their NSW office. They were very helpful at Tommee Tippee, it is just a shame that their product didn't work. How is your bin going?, did you contact them?

Sign in to follow this topic