Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Raising girls - did you see Ophrah today?

Raising girls - did you see Ophrah today? Lock Rss

What an interesting show about raising girls. It has really got be thinking about how my self esteem issues, albeit small, could effect DD in years to come. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a 3 year old that thinks she is ugly or wont eat sweets as she doesn't want to be fat.

Anyway, I was hoping a few others might have seen the show and like to chat about it.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

thanks kazi, its too early here, so i'll watch it when it comes on today smile

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

i cant believe how insecure young girls can be! it really gets you thinking, doesnt it? even though i dont have a daughter (yet) i dont know what i'd do if she came home from primary school saying she was fat or whatever. how on earth do you respond to that??? and that teenage girl (i think she was a model?) who thought she was fat and ugly... she was gorgeous! i only wish i looked like that lol. how can it be that girls cant see past what they 'should' look like? its really sad what we are putting onto our children. i have numerous self esteem issues, and to think it could rub off onto my daughter terrifies me. what is this world comming to? people tell us we are pretty / good body etc and we cant even take the compliment!

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

Sign in to follow this topic