Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. cleaning out a gunky washing machine

cleaning out a gunky washing machine Lock Rss

OK, I have been very slack and haven't cleaned out my washing machine for ages. (and ages!)
It is all clogged up in the fluff collector,and the bits in the middle, where the fabric softener goes - full of coagulated powder and grime.
Is there anyone who knows what I can put into my machine that will eat away this stuff as it is extremely difficult to get anything in there. I have tried bi carb and vinegar, but this didn't do a great deal. It's almost like I need to stick acid in there.
Cheers in advance for any answers, I will be keeping on top of it this time!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Ew, that sounds gross. I had one that was so filthy. It did me a favour and carked it so I HAD to buy a new one. It is a front loader, no thing in the middle where grime builds up. HEAVEN.
It does still wash nicely, makes the clothes smell good, so we aren't walking around in clothes coated in the stuff, just incase thats the picture you get in your head! LOL!
Its just got really bad as I was away for a while and it never got cleaned, and I've been slack and still not cleaned it!

bump for RUBES

Sign in to follow this topic