Huggies Forum

Mature Age Mums.. Rss

Hi :} I'm a "mature age mum" turning 40 & have a daughter 25, sons 19, 12 & 1! & a granbaby nearly one..

I don't get to talk to other mums in similiar situations as mine ( a growing adult family, starting a new family & getting a granbaby at the same time ) :}

All the mums I come across are younger than I am & although I am not "old" as such.. It would be good to be able to chat with like minded others!

About me..

I am into alternative music - Pearl Jam, John Butler Trio, Powderfinger, Ben Harper to name a few..
I love going to the Enmore Theatre to see a good band..

Getting to Sydney occassionally to check out the Paddo markets, the Art Gallery, Bangarra Dance Co. or any other cool thing that's happening at the time!

Catching up with friends every once in awhile.. Good food & excellent red wine :}

Mortgage, renovations, demands from all who require my time & energy.. & NOT having the energy of a 25 yr old anymore!

Catch up with me if you've got a moment..
I'd love to hear I'm not the only wommin out there going through sleepless nights, teething, nappies etc etc ALL OVER AGAIN @ my age & with a grown family!

& I'm thinking about doing all over again - one last time!

:}

Tracii, NSW

Hi my name is Dianne,
I have twins that have turned 5 today and I also have a baby that is 5 months old and I'm nearly 40 so you are not alone. Yes it is tiring at times but you have no choice if you are on your own like me. I would like to chat abit more if you like but at the moment I cant say much more as the baby is now cring for a feed and have to prepare for a small birthday tea for the twins.
Hi Dianne smile

Thanks for the quick chat.. I understand how hard it can be trying to find a "moment" to have to yourself!

I take my hat off to you doing it ALL by yourself with no support.. I raised my 3 eldest by myself for many years & know just how hard it can be!
To be honest I wouldn't wish it on anybody..

BUT... somedays I wish I had THAT space to just be, if you know what I mean?
MANCHILD can be MORE of a handful than the kids put together smile

If you'd like to chat more I can be contacted on tlsummers@bigpond.com.au

Take care..

Tracii

Tracii, NSW

hi. Tracii,
My name is Judy and I am 42 with a 3 yr old boy Sam, and 20 wk old twin girls Nina and Zeta. My husband and I have 2 business and lots of help from both grandparents. & they are no spring chickens either.
I belive having children later in life is very rewarding and ready to give your kids full attention , well nearly . There is never a dull moment with little people around.
One thing I do mis is a bit of quiet time for myslef.
I breastfeed the girls ever 3 hour to 2 hour by the end of the evening. They are asleep by 9.45 pm most night and wake at 7 am. Sam goes all day and sleeps for 12 hours at night. My lack of sleep is due to work when they are asleeping. We are trying to sell our screenprinting and embroidery business so we can have more time with the ankle bitters before we are too old!!!! I tired now catch you later.

Judy,Qld 3yr boy & 20wk Twin girls

Hi Judy.. U sound VERY busy - would love to chat some more if you find a moment..
My email address is tlsummers@bigpond.com.au

smile

TRACII

Tracii, NSW

Hi Tracii & everyone grin,

I am also an older mum, i am 40 have an 8yo and a 6mth baby. I thought my age gap was huge and that there were few mums like me. But in the last few weeks have discovered alot of families in the same situation.

would love to chat, my email is jyhorvat@optusnet.com.au

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

Hi Tracii
Lovely to meet you smile I'm a first-time, mature age mother. I'm 39 years old, have been married 17 years and have a 10 month old son after 9 attemtps at IVF...phew!

I got PG at 37 and will be 40 when my baby is still one....go figure lol.

Anyway, if you would like to chat, I can be contacted by email on asrex@hotkey.net.au

I don't get much of a chance to check-in here.

Look forward to hearing from you.
hi tracii i am 39 with 3 young boys bit u must be busy with the big family

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Morning all smile

Please feel free to contact me on tlsummers@bigpond.com.au for a chat, I have met some of the mature age mums already via email & we have a great time keeping in touch & supporting each other as friends do smile

Looking forward to hearing from you all.. smile

Tracii, NSW

bump
ummmmmmmmmmm 2003 Message???????
damn vkw is a really old member
Sign in to follow this topic