Huggies Forum

recipe for rocky road Lock Rss

Hi
just wondering if anyone has the recipe for rocky road as my husband likes the new cadburys chocolate rocky road(he could eat the whole block in one sitting) for the price you pay for the block i could make a bigger batch and make it last longer.

anne, benjamin 1/1/05, matthew 18/07/07

Hi Anne,
Here is a receipe for you.

ROCKY ROAD
375g dark cooking chocolate melts
100g Cadbury milk chocolate
20g copha
40g butter
1 tbs cocoa
200g small marshmallows
2/3 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup sultanas
100g pecans
1 cup chopped nuts

1. Place the cooking and Cadbury chocolate, copha and butter into microwave safe bowl and microwave uncovered on medium high for 3 minutes or until chocolate has softened. Stir slowly and sift in cocoa. Stir mix until smooth.
2. Add marshmallows, coconut, sultanas, pecans and ¾ cup of the chopped nuts. Mix thoroughly.
3. Press mix into slice tin, scatter over the remaining nuts. Refrigerate for 15 mins or until set.

I often leave out the sultanas and pecans, and add more chopped nuts and those red rasberry jubes (i think thats what there called).
Anyway happy cooking.
Kylie

Hi this one always goes down a treat in our house and with friends.

1 pack of chos melts or a block of compound cooking choc
1 bag of marshmellows
1/2 cup of nuts instead of peanuts try cashews or even macadamias go really well. or no nuts
you can cut up snakes and put them in, at chrissy i use green and red ones.

Melt the chocolate in a double saucepan. you can do it in the microwave but you have to big really carefull and stir it often. stirring it well let you know once it has melted, as chocolate can hold it's shape even when melted. You can get those choclate factory samll appliances they are great i have one and you can't burn the chocolate in it.
tear up the marshmellows but not too small. once chocolate is melted combime all ingredients in a bowl, once everything is coated place it on a tray and let it cool in the fridge then you just have to cut it up and enjoy!

you can be creative use white choclate and add cocconut if you like. hope your hubby likes it as much as mine.

Take care mummies!

Hi Everyone
thanks guys for all the recipes. im going shopping today to make it.

anne, benjamin 1/1/05, matthew 18/07/07

Sign in to follow this topic