Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. New mum who doesn't have mum of her own

New mum who doesn't have mum of her own Rss

Good to hear from you Tepe!

I always come looking for your reply... sad isn't it. It is good to know that I am on the right track with presents for my daughter and I certainly don't mind you putting your opinion in. I am so looking forward to my daughter's first birthday. And I am starting to think more about Christmas. This year will be more fun, watching a 1 year old rip into presents. Last Christmas my daughter was only 15 days old and we both slept half the day away! This year will be more active. My delightful (almost) 11 month old daughter is getting another tooth, that will make 3. She is refusing chunky foods at the moment, I think her gums might be tender??? Here I go again just guessing... but we have returned to pureed foods which has made her happier.

So what do you do for Christmas? Do you have any little family traditions? I look forward to hearing more.

Thanks for your replies, as always,
Michelle
Hey, I'll be off line for about 5 days....
But I will be back soon.
Hope to hear from you Tepe.
Michelle
Hi Michelle,

How's everything going?

This year I am really excited about Christmas! smile Not only is my daughter getting older and more understanding of what's going on, we are spending the day at my dads just up the road! Normally he runs a B&B business and doesn't do much but work on Chrissy day, but this year he has kept the apartments free and we are all going to run a muck at his house! His partner is a great cook and she will spoil us all rotton! wink Also looking forward to no travelling, the two kids are pretty much a nightmare in the car, if its not one its the other!!

Inlaws are going to Tassie to spend the time with that side of the family! We will have an early celebration before they leave! 2 Chrissys for us, yeah!

Can't wait till i can start decorating!

Jingle bells, jingle bells............ smile

Back soon,
Tepe smile

PS My daughter was the same about chunky foods, infact she is still the same! Even when she is sick. Hope those teeth have pushed thru now!!

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Tepe,

Jingle all the way....
I am pretty excited about Christmas and we have to have 2 celebrations also. My in-laws are headed off to Alice Springs for the birth of grandchild number 4 due Christmas day. So we are having a First Birthday Party / Early Christmas gathering on December 13. My daughter just hit the 11 month mark. I can't beleive she will be 1 soon. I'm happy, but a bit sad too. Where did the baby go??

Those blasted teeth... one has just broke through, but sure enough there is another one comming now. The eating has started to return to normal, but time will tell. I will be glad when those teeth stop giving my little princess so much grief. I have so many questions that I want to ask you, but I posted my e-mail address for you and the "Looking for Tepe" post. So if you want to e-mail me that would be really nice.

Then we don't have to have such a public chat all the time. I'd love to hear more about you and your 2 under 2. We are trying for baby number 2 and I'd love to hear from you about having 2 under 2...

....Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh.

Best wishes to you.
Look forward to hearing from you soooooon.
hi michelle, i'm a mum without a mum with a 10 1/2 mnt baby boy. i would love to chat, i know how you feel.

ingrid,brisbane, 10 1/2 mth baby

Hi Ingrid,

Thanks for your reply to my post smile
I would love to chat with you too. Tell me more about yourself and your 10 mnth old son, I'd love to hear from you.

I have a 12 month old daughter named Madeleine and I am 9 weeks pregnant with my second baby. Not having a mum is hard on me emotionally, everytime there is a big event in my life I really miss her. Now that I have another baby on the way I really wish my mum was here, even just to tell me that I will cope with 2 babies under 2 years.

Hope to hear from you smile Michelle
Hi Michelle,

I have run into you again

I have a mum but she has nothing to do with me she kicked me out of home when i was 15 and we really haven't spoken much at all since. When Joshua was born i called her to see if she wanted to be at the hospital with me and she said no so my boyfriends mum was there instead. I am the oldest of 5 children and it is very hard knowing that my mum is there but she wants nothing to do with me or my new family. It actually gets very depressing at times as i still have a brother and sister still at home 8 and 11 years old who i love to bits but i'm not allowed to see them and it just breaks my heart. I thought once Joshua was born she wouldlike to be a a part of her grandsons life.Se never calls to see how he is and hasn't bought him a single thing since he was born not that it is about money or naything but it would just be nice to see that she cares just in the slightest.

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

Hi Larnie,

Yep, you found me again. I am sorry to hear that about your mum. In some ways that could be harder than not having a "living" mum. I will be in touch with you via e-mail soon... oh, by the way I've adopted your phrase "Baby Bean" hope you don't mind... Michelle smile smile smile
hi michelle, thanks for your reply. i know how you feel i have had a tough xmas this year, even though my mum died 11 yrs ago 20th dec. i was very emotional when i was pregnant, and would really love to have my mum around now. i know i can cope and do well with everything but just to be able to pick up the phone and ask a question or just chat would be great. when i first started cooking for my son - Kayed, i remember having a dilema about what kind of apples to cook! it now seems funny but i remember standing in the kitchen crying about it! there are alot of things i could go on about but you get the idea. it is hard. i have a great husband and that is fantastic. anyway, hang in there, some times are harder than others. you have a beautiful baby girl and another georgous baby on the way. remember to take time to remember the good times even if it makes you cry. i better get going, happy new year. chat to you soon.
Ingrid.

ingrid,brisbane, 10 1/2 mth baby

Hi Ingrid,

Good to hear from you!!! Well they say the tough times only make you stronger. I sure know about that. My daughter is such an inspiration to me, so clever and innocent, she knows nothing of the pain and heartache in the world and I would love to keep it that way forever... I know we can't do that though. Christmas / New year is tough for me. I just get through it the best I can. I too have a fantastic husband... he is my rock. My mum has been dead for over half my life time... almost 15 years. I would love to ask her about motherhood and what I was like as a baby. Can't even ask my dad, he died when I was 22. Sometimes you just feel like you are on your own. But I know I am doing a good job, I only have to look at my beautiful daughter to know that.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Dear Michelle,
Hi, I am 22, I have a 27month old daughter and a 12 month old son. When my son was 8 weeks old my mother passed away after a year long battle with cancer. She was not at my wedding, but I was lucky that my mother was able to see both my children for a little while, she was able to be at my daughters name giving and wrote her a beautiful card. I too often find myself at a loss for advice, I am close to my mother in law but it is not the same. At times I have almost gone to call my mum for advice, only to get the horrible reminder. I have found my best friend and my husband absolute life savers, they are always there for me, even if they cant always help with much needed baby advice.
Best of luck to you for the new year
Sarah
Hi Michelle! Just wanted to let you know that if you ever need someone to talk to I'm listening! I am very sorry to hear about your mother! Mothers are very special people! My mum lives about 15 hours away! You know where to drop me a line if you need it and I will try to help with any advice I can!
Best wishes,
Nadine

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic