Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. New mum who doesn't have mum of her own

New mum who doesn't have mum of her own Lock Rss

Hi Marianne,

You have just put so many things into words for me.

You are so not alone in your feelings,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

So lovely to see you back here Tepe,

Marianne got it so right didn't she? There is nothing in the world that can replace a mother... it kind of reminds me how inportant our job is here on earth being mothers.

Michelle
Thanks to all who replied to my post. It hepls to know others feel the same. I think we're all doing a fantastic job!

marianne, Qld , mum cheeky monkey 14months

Hi all,

Yes your comment about us realising how important our jobs are Michelle, is so true.

I must stop and think about this when i think i am going nuts with the kids,

Take care everyone,

Tepe

Hi Michelle,
Ive read all the messages you have posted on this topic and the ones posted back to you and I wanted to say i completely understand your sadness, my mum has nothing to do with me, my grandmother raised me and died 3 years ago this sunday. Every time my beautiful daughter does something cute (which i must say is every day!) and xmas, bdays, her christening ect, i am just so sad because i want her to be here and see her and hold her and i want neena to know what a great person she was, first hand.
Thats why these chat rooms are so great because you can express how you feel to others who actually know what you feel, and get all that missed out advice that we dont get from our mums,

Good luck and happy mothering, just remember to tell ourself every now and then, youre doing a great job!

Sarah,VIC 18mth daughter

hello, i can understand where tou are comming from,as my mum is young and in a nursing home because of alzhimers and doesnt even know her grandchildren Madison 7yrs Christian 7yrs Alannah 2yrs. Its hard because i was close to her and now dont really have anyone. I would love to chat to you anytime.
Hi maddidlou,

Lovely to hear from you. I would love to chat som more...

I am 21 weeks pregnant with my 2nd bub and have a demending 15 month old daughter.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Michelle smile
Hi Michelle,
Its nice 2 hear back from you, hope all is well. My name is Sarah,i have 3 children,twins Madison and Christian they will be 7 in april and Alannah who turned 2 on wednesday. The wonderful 2's. All day long i have the joy of listening to Hi 5 while Alannah watches them,its driving me mad... Iam a stay at home mum with NO planes to have anymore children.
Sorry i didnt see until today that you posted on last year i hope you dont mind me replying now. Hope 2 hear from u again soon.

Sarah..
Hi Sarah,

It must be really hard knowing your mum is there, but not in the way you need! It sounds like you had a very special Grandmother though.

Best of luck, and yes , we are all doing a great job,

take care,

Tepe

Also Hi to sarah, i new i was confused,

That is very sad to hear about your mum with Alzhimers. It must be hard to watch the disease take over her. I wish i had something more positive to say, but be sure you know you are doing a great job!

Ahhh, the terrible 2s, do i know all about that....

Take care,

Tepe

Hi maddidlou (Sarah),

Always nice to get a reply. Twins!! What a challenge that must be?? I can't imagine. My daughter Madeleine is incredibly active and needs constant stimulation. I have started teaching her shapes and colours and I am going to get her some wooden jig saw puzzles soon. She loves Hi-5 too and I had taped a few episodes off the TV, but we wore out the tape! So I bought her a Hi-5 DVD and we have to watch it over and over again. After a while I block it out, but is so funny when I hear my husband walking around singing the Hi-5 songs word for word. Must admit I know all the words too.

I am a full-time stay at home mum too and love it 99.9% of the time. Being pregnant with such an active little one really wears me down some days. I look forward to the birth of my son (William) in July (due 30th)... and am pretty confident this will be our last addition to the family. Ahead of me are the challenges of 2 little ones under 2 and some days I really worry as to how I will cope.

Well enough babble from me for now. I do hope to hear from you again... please tell me more about the wonderful 2's.

Michelle smile

Hi Michelle

I am sure that your mum is up there watching you and she is so so proud of her darling daughter's achievements.

I wish you the very best in your pregnancy and this time you will have the easiest labour , I am praying for you!! I read all about your first one in one of your posts and I could so much relate.

Take good care and be safe always smile

helena- vic- ds-3.5 dd- 1

Sign in to follow this topic