Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. New mum who doesn't have mum of her own

New mum who doesn't have mum of her own Lock Rss

Well Tepe... go back a few posts and you can read my reply. Sending you warm happy thoughts always.

Michelle smile
Hello Everyone...

I just wanted to share a poem I wrote a long time ago...

REMEMBERING...

Sometimes I close my eyes
I see you smile at me
That loving smile with your eyes so bright
You shelter me from all my fears
And stretch out your hand to wipe away my tears…

I am so young in this vision
And I do not understand
I open my eyes and you fade away...

I’m holding onto memories
Forever they will stay
But a memory can not hold your hand
It cannot make you understand.

A childhood is shattered…
A mother is gone…

I hope you are watching
I hope you can see
I hope that you are proud of me.

Thanks for letting me take a stroll down memory lane...

Michelle wink

Hi Michelle and everyone else reading,

The poem is BEAUTIFUL! It brought many a tear to my eye....having read your stories, the poem is so true for you, and i can see you all thru it....

Thanks for your response about Mothers day! I am just wanting to finally be happy on the day, but i don't know if that can happen, ever!

Thanks again, to teary to type more,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hello Tepe and all the other mum's who visit this post...

We haven't heard from some of you for a while, so I just wanted to say I hope all is well and that it would be nice to hear how you are all doing.

Wish I had something more interesting to say... I was hoping someone had been back with more to talk about.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Michelle
WHERE DID EVERYBODY GO??? sad

I am still here....

What about everyone else??

I hope everyone is OK??

Tepe smile

im here too! but i can only come on bout once a week cos i dont have a computer anymore-i use the one at my bf's house. how are you both?

Hi Kylie,

Nice to hear from you! smile

Things are going along fine with me, except for a pinched nerve in my back, sad ouch, but it's getting better. How about things with you??

What's everybodies plans for Mothers day?? I will be working the day, and my husband the night, so we won't be up to much.

Take everyone,

Tepe

Hello all,

Nice to see some replies... I was wondering where everybody went. I am very well too... busy and tried now that I am 26 weeks pregnant, chasing a toddler (almost 17 months) and preparing to move house!!!

Mothers Day will probably be a morning of being spoilt by my husband and daughter, maybe a trip to the beautiful local park to take some photos and then back home before my husband heads off to work for the afternoon / night shift.

Wishing all mum's a very happy and relaxing mothers day, no matter what you do.

Michelle.

P.S. Great to hear from you Tepe and Kylie smile
Hello to all who visit this post!

Michelle - you more than anyone know how hectic life is - I love to come here to have a read, but sometimes it's a week or more before I have that spare half an hour to do it!!! Time flies for those with a baby or active toddler!
I don't know about anyone else, but the hardest thing about parenting is being 'selfless' all the time. Too bad if we need a nap or want to have a chat on the phone - it all has to be planned carefully around Junior and what they need. Anyway, apart from that I wouldn't swap motherhood for the world (well, just sometimes!!).
Interesting about your littlie wanting to drop a nap. I thought Lia was ready to drop to one nap a day a couple of months ago, but apart from being hit and miss at creche, she sleeps pretty well for me at 10am and 3pm each day - anywhere from an hour and a half to maybe only an hour or less. At least if she's playing in her cot it's still 'rest' time - for both of you. Lia still doesn't seem to be able to get beyond 10am-10-30am each morning before she 'crashes', so until we see that she can do that, I don't like the idea of her having just one nap. My theory for her is to leave her up until maybe 11-30am when she's ready, then have her sleep until 1-30pm-2-00pm, then up until 7pm-7-30pm. Other mums may think this is a bit rigid, but her routine so far has worked really well (she thrives on it), so we'll just see how things progress over the next few months.
Hope you're having a bit of luck with the whispering thing!! Lia has settled a little on the screeching, but every day is different!
Hope you all have a fantastic Mothers Day. Not sure what we're doing - still really awful for me being my second Mothers Day without Mum, but I still have a lovely mum-in-law to do things for, plus a loving husband and daughter who (with prompting on my part!!), will make the day special.
Cheers from Tassie for now!
Kim

Kim and Lia Tas

Hi guys! Me again!!
Being a quiet and boring Saturday night, with a husband working, and a toddler in bed, I thought I'd come back to this site for a wee chat!
Can anyone give me a rough idea as to when:-
A. Toddlers generally give up their bottle
B. When can a toddler actually drink out of a normal cup/glass/mug quite proficiently
I'm just curious as to when I should be looking for signs etc. I don't want mine to be the only child in school who can't drink out of a glass, and still sucks on a nightime bottle!! I haven't actually got any books at home that tell me a rough idea of when either of these things start to happen. I realise all kiddies are different, but it's still nice to hear what people think!!
Hope you are all having a more exciting night than I am!!
Bye for now!
Kim

Kim and Lia Tas

Hi Kim,

Great to hear from you. smile Hey, quite Saturday nights are GREAT, enjoy the peace while you can. As for your questions, i don't think i will be much help as my kids aren't that enthusiastic about the bottle anyway.

Bubs can give up the bottle from 12 months, as long as they have their 3 serves of calcium each day, eg. cheese, yoghurt and a cup of milk. My daughter was taken off the bottle on the day she turned 1 as it was a consistant struggle. Although i have known many a toddler still having a bottle at 2.

My daughter had a sipper cup from about 8 months, and only ever had and still does, water in it. She has always loved it!

With my son, i plan (lets see what i really do wink ) to only give him a night bottle from 1 yo, and of course his over nighter, and give him milk in a sipper cup after each meal.

My kids are a bit different, not liking bottles, so sorry, i probably are not much help.

Take care,

Tepe

Sign in to follow this topic