Huggies Forum

Baby Bonus Lock Rss

Hello Everyone

the new $3,000 baby bonus can anyone tell me once they have sent there forms back in does it take long for the money to arrive?

thanks

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

I believe it is 3-5 days

hi melly....

It took 7 days for the money to arrive when I handed the forms in. If all the info is correct I dont see why it will take any longer.

nsw...5 1/2 month old boy....4yr old girl

Took 10 days for us to get it by electronic transfer into our account. I was ringing the bank every day!

Dette, DS 06.03, DS 10.04, DD 03.06 & Due Sept 07!

Hi well when i had my DS i was given a tip from a lady from centrelink she told us once bubs was born to ring and make an appointment to see someone and take all your forms in and then you will get the bonus pretty much straight away so when DS was born i filled the forms out in hostpital and my partner rang and got an appointment and he took them in and we got our money the next day
The lady said sometimes when you hand them over at the front desk it can take anywhere between 3 days to 6 weeks so its really up to how quick you want the money hope this helps Nat
My sister posted her forms in, and got in 7 days from posting it.
I got the bonus 4 days after getting the forms in. They told me it could take up to 24 weeks but they may say that to save themselves if by chance that does happen.

Jenni, mum of Shanaye born 13-11-2004.

thanks everyone for your responses

I really appreciate it

bye

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Took about 10 days for the money to appear in my account i believe it's paid on your second normal payment day after the baby is born.

~

after getting an apptment with centerlink which was two days from innitial contact i received the $3000 in my account the next day

NTH, QLD, Cooper,25/11/04

Hi every one I have heard rumours that the baby bonus is going up to $5000 this year not sure if its from january this year or from the tax year june/july this year..

Any way just wondering if anyone has heard this.

Which mums out there have found this an incentive to have another child.

I was pregnant with my second before they bought in the $3000 but I had him over the dead line so I ended up getting the money.

~

Hi all,

my understanding is that the baby bonus will increase to $4000 on 1st July 2006 and $5000 on 1st July 2008 - so every two years it goes up. I missed out on the $3000 by a couple of days which was extremely annoying, I think it should have been paid from the announcement date 11th May. Also I can't believe it is not means tested when the $800 was. Thats my whinge for the day, of course the best gift I got was a happy healthy baby, money can't buy that. It wouldn't make me have another baby, but if I decide to (unlikely at this stage !) I'll certainly be thinking about planning a post July birth if it is to be those years.
Sign in to follow this topic