Huggies Forum

Annoying In-law habits! Lock Rss

Hi Mel
Yeh, Richard kinda agrees about the boys spending time alone with his parents. It's hard, because i know they love them, but i just don't feel that comfortable! I know they wouldn't do anything against my wishes 'deliberately', but there just isn't the same amount of respect for our wishes as we get from my mum. My 15 year old niece has even babysat!! I know she'll do what i ask!

Dette, DS 06.03, DS 10.04, DD 03.06 & Due Sept 07!

Hi Tarns

You are in a difficult position aren't you? Is it possible for you to mention that you're feeling a little 'put-down' by her comments, and that you know she loves and cares for you all, therefore you'd like her to know that some of the thngs she says and does are undermining your position as your child's mother? It might be enough to make her realise that she's being a pain in the bum. Otherwise, i'd mention that you don't find the back-handed complements helpful, and that her constant need to know what's happening is making you feel claustrophobic, and as a result you might just have to limit visits/phonecalls.

Might help. Maybe she doesn't realise what she's doing/saying!

Goodluck

Post deleted by administrator.
the only problem that I have with my inlaw is that she breathes! lol

Jane, sydney, tyler(5mths) Jaycob (8yrs)

LOL Jane!!!

That is a problem, and i could suggest a few things to help, but i think that would have to be on a different forum!!

lol.............funny to last poster!

i have heaps of problems with mine.........................uuggghhh.........but unfortunately i am to tired to write them all now lol

mel

melissa 20 w.a. perth 16 month old son

I agree with you. I have a mil that is annoying too. She buys unpractical clothes for Lauren that she will never ever wear, and when I tell her these things she gets upset. She complains that she doesn't get to see her enough yet she doesn't take the time to come and see her in the weekends (as she works in the city and we don't live in the city). She now has decided to call every day to see how things are, but that to me says that she is checking up on me and to me it feels like she is saying I am not doing a good job as being a mum.

I don't think we can ever change the way mil's are and they will always get annoyed if we stand up them. I guess with time things will change but I don't know.

Renee, Mother to Lauren - 19/01/2005

How is this for an unpractical present! For Xmas my MIL bought my then 12m.o. son a size 6 raincoat and size 6 gumboots. Keep in mind I live in Qld, my son is probably around 86cm tall and at Xmas time was already in size 6 shoes! Therefore, the raincoat drags along the ground - She suggested to fold the bottom up and tape it up (for the next few years I would imagine!) and the gumboots do not fit him as he is now in size 8 shoes so he hasn't even been able to wear them. I am not ungrateful, but to me, both items were totally unpractical!

My babies are all grown up sad

PLEEEEASE, don't start me on useless presents!!!
For my birthday about 6 years ago ( 24th birthday mind you!) I received a CDRom brom my BIL & SIL. It would have been lovely, but it was..........

Dr. Suess Reading Games, for ages 3-5!!!!!!

Think they're trying to tell me something? I gave it to my nieces and haven't seen it since! I thought it might be because i'm a teacher, but really, who in their right mind would buy a present so i could use it for somebody else! As if i want to share gifts with the kids in my class!

Now, can anyone beat that???!

For chriisy before bub was born MIL bought me baby coat hangers and a croched blue kangaroo.What on earth would i do with that?

I know it sounds ungrateful bit did she realise that i am a person and that the baby was in my tummy?

They continually buy me stuff (chriisy & b'day) but is really for my little man,it really annoys me off that i am no longer seen as me but rather the baby carrier.

Anyway could winge for ages!
Sign in to follow this topic