Huggies Forum

want to cook potato bake Rss

how do you cook your potato bake? i normaly par cook the potato's the put them in a dish and pour cream sour cream and french onion soup mix over them then top wth cheese and bake but would love some different idea's.
had one at a bbq the other week and the sauce was thick and was so yummy.

any help would be apreciated.(sp) want to cook this for dinner.

thanks Renee.
Renee. I normally par boil the tatters. Then i put one layer of tatters on the bottom of the dish with some fresh cream, fried bacon and onion, then tasty cheese. I do this layer by layer. At the end i sprinkle more tasty cheese on top then cover with foil and put in the oven. When i see its nearly cooked i take off the foil and let it brown some more. Comes out nice and thick and creamy. Good Luck. Now im hungry.
I slice potato, kumara (swt potato), and brown onion, and do alternate layers with sprinklings of diced bacon, and grated cheese. I then finish with a layer of potato, diced bacon and grated cheese. Pour a tub of thickened cream over it and bake till cooked. No pre / par cooking required. The thin slices (bout 3 quarters of a cm thick) doesn't take much to cook through. No f/o soup or sour cream here... might have to try your recipe though!!!

T
There are so many different ways to make potato bake. But I normally like to throw in lots of things. In my potato bake I usually put whatever seems like I good idea that I have in the fridge.
I always put potato, cauliflour, carrot and onion in it. But if I have other things like broccili, diced bacon, etc I throw them in aswell

I put it in a baking dish and just layer all the vegies until the dish is full
hi jb mum to b

thats exactly how i do my potato bake the way you do it i mean
but i stopped putting cheese on top as it gets too oily
you can add bacon to it
it tastes pretty nice or double smoked ham

this sounds weird but is great
potatoes
1 tin anchovies
cream(fresh not sour)
cut the poatoes into "chip" style
very finely chop the anchovies
place potaoes into well greased oven dish add anchovies and mix a little pour over enough cream to cover the potatoes. bake at 180- 200 C till potatoes are soft
and yes you do need the anchovies its even better if you pour a small amount of the anchovie oil over the mixture b4 cooking. everyone who I have given it to has loved it even the ones who said yuck anchovies LOL

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I like to cook. And I think that it will be useful for you to find out how to cook potatoes well.

https://club.cooking/articles/how-long-to-bake-...
It is very tasty and simple.

Steps
Step 1
Preheat oven to 450F.

Wash and prepare your sweet potatoes. Slash across them several times with a knife.

Step 2
Line a baking pan with a piece of parchment and place your potatoes over it.
Sign in to follow this topic