Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. how to lose a dummy???? please help!!!!

how to lose a dummy???? please help!!!! Lock Rss

hi,

i have a 15 and a half month old boy and we are desperantly trying to "lose" his dummy. has anyone got any tips?????
i really don't know what to do! He only has it at sleep times and will happily give it to me when i get him out of bed.

if any one has any tips at all i would be soo grateful!!!

cheers,
Helen

I know a little 3 yr old boy that gave his blankie to the rubbish truck. Just an idea..lol
[Edited on 18/04/2007]
My dd gave her dummy to father christmas one year and hasnt had it since she is now 11 in may lol
Goodluck smile

hi

We got rid of the dummy just before christmas. we used the dummy fairy. buy a toy we brought a teddy bear and one night readed a story about fairies and explained that there is a dummy fairy that comes and takes the dummies from big boys and girls and gives them to babies that need them. place all the dummies in a location not the bedroom we used her chair make sure they know where the dummies have being placed. then they go to bed. in the morring the dummies are replaced by the toy and you make a big deal look what the dummy fairy left you. just make sure if you keep the dummies that they can not find them.

It has being 5 mths now and no dummy which is great.

wish you the best of luck
Omigod My Daughter Is 2 and a bit and she still wont let anyone touch her Muk Muk (she made the name up) Sh doesnt have it all day but she always has like panic attacks if she cant find it...We Have decided to let her faze out of it...

Mikayla 1/2/05 Zachary 28/12/07

Posted by: HC2E8F
hi,

i have a 15 and a half month old boy and we are desperantly trying to "lose" his dummy. has anyone got any tips?????
i really don't know what to do! He only has it at sleep times and will happily give it to me when i get him out of bed.

if any one has any tips at all i would be soo grateful!!!

cheers,
Helen

why do you feel the need you have to get rid of it.?

he is only having it for sleep whats the big deal?

It amazes me how some people are in a such a hurry for their babys to grow up.

I think it's not so much about being in a hurry for the baby to grow up, but dummies aren't all that great for your teeth.

My 13mth old still has one and I've been thinking of doing the same thing Helen. I like the idea of giving it to the garbage truck lol. Because my bub is still pretty young I was thinking of just taking them away one day. Not making a big deal or saying anything, just getting rid of them. Should only take a few days for DS to get over it.

I done much the same thing as Tesa. We done it at Christmas time just gone as my eldest was going to turn three and thought it was time to give it up as people thought he was pinching it from his brother. smile He wasn't it was his.

Santa came and took the dummy for another little baby to use and left DS with a little present of a book and told him in a note that he was a good boy and Santa was proud of him. He had a bit of a cry that morning about it and that has been it. With DS2 that has a dummy DS1 doesn't care and if he drops it or whatever he grabs it for him and he will tell people the story we told him about he dummy too.

I use 2 B Jordan''''s Mum

Post deleted by administrator.
My DS has only just got rid of his when he turned 3, he threw it in the bin in exchange for a car. It was so easy, as he decided to do it and have never looked back. There were never any tears
Goodluck

CJ ~ DS 4, DD 1

I read on another forum where the mother of a toddler spoke to a shop assistant and arranged for her child to 'buy' a toy he picked out, 'paying' for it with the dummy!
[Edited on 18/04/2007]

**mum~to~a~gorgeous~boy~born~sept06**

Dummies actually don't do any harm to the teeth at all. Thumb sucking is BY FAR worse. Totally agree JacksonsMumma, what is the big deal?? If he is only having it for sleep time and he is still a bubba, why does it mattter?? Just let him be a baby for a little bit longer.
Sign in to follow this topic