Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

inspirational songs Lock Rss

Is there a particular song that makes you cry? or perhaps one that makes you feel inspired or has changed your life?

One that I find inspiring is "The Reason" I think it is a nickelback song.

Vic, 3 y.o boy

Throw your arms around me by hunters and collectors always moves me
I have always loved 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls. Some-thing really special about the words to that song. I first heard it when watching that Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan movie about angels.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I'm not normally a silverchair fan BUT their new song "straight lines" has taken over my house at the moment, kids love it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j0g2oG_w2g
This is my most favorite version by the doug anthony all stars, just had to share.
True Blue - John Williamson (Especially since they used it for Steve Irwin's memorial)
This is Australia - Gangajang (sp?)

These two songs are sooo outside of my normal tastes but they do 'something' to me every single time I hear them!
And this is going to sound really corny, I never liked this song too much before I had kids but now with 2 daughters "Little ray of Sunshine" touches a nerve.

[Edited on 19/04/2007]

Dizie, 2 girls, 2002 & 2003

I have two that really get me
'Tears in Heaven' by Eric Clapton
and 'Butterfly kisses' not sure who sings it but if you are a parent the words are just so beautiful and meaningful
Cheers Ness
One song that always makes me cry is, "Dance with My Father Again" sung by Luther Vandross.
An inspirational song would have to be, "Because you loved me" by Celine Dion. That song reminds me of my Grandmother it inspires me to be just like her but it also makes me cry cause I miss my Grandmother so much....

nee Lilysmama - Proud Mama of 2 Girls

Vanessa, butterfly kisses is by bob carlisle, my dad and I danced to this at my wedding! It brought a tear to my eye just with you mentioning it.
Yep, Butterfly Kisses always brings a tear! And 'True Blue' by John Williamson as well. Lots of songs do, cant think of them all atm.
A Song Called "The Prayer" not the version by Anthony Callea, but one By Celine Dion that was on a CD called "MIRACLES". It was made in conjunction with Anne Geddes (Photographer) with lullabies and songs for babies i brought for DD when she was born. Always brings tears to my eyes.

DD#1 - 3.7yrs, DD#2 -20mnths, DD#3 is here! 21.08.

AL, that CD sounds lovely, where did you get that from?? Sounds nice and calming. smile
Sign in to follow this topic