Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. anzac biscuits on sunrise this morning

anzac biscuits on sunrise this morning Lock Rss

Did anyone see sunrise this morning when the anzac biscuits were made? They were talking about how to make them chewy or crunchy but i missed that bit. I heard them say it was different times that they are cooked for but bub was yelling and i couldn't hear! I have looked up the recipe on the webiste but it doesn't say about chewy or crunchy. Please help as I was going to make some!!

Thanks.

I didn't watch the show but I usually make two batches, one flatter on the pan to make them crunchy and cook for a little longer and another batch thicker so they are soft.
Yeah i saw that. I am going to make some too. They look yum. Anyway DS was playing up aswell but from what I heard she said, to make them chewy, cook at 160C for 8 mins. To have them crunchy cook them for 10mins. I didn't catch if for crunchy you have it on the same temp. or a little higher. Someone else might be able to answer that. Hope that helps.

2 yrs

Yes you have it on the same temp for crunchy and chewy. They also said theat if your cunchy ones go chewy in a few days you can put them in the oven to crumch them back up!!

2 Beautiful Boys Aug06 & April09 &1 Angel April08

Well i made my anzacs and they are yummy. The mixture seemed to be quite wet though and my biscuits are extremly flat. They are still warm so I don't don't know if they are chewy or crunchy as I did one tray of each. I'm guessing by how flat they are though that they would be crunchy! I'll have to try another batch later.

did you flatten the mixture before you put them in the oven as you are not ment to. you just leave them in a ball and they will flatten out themselves

Does anyone have a recipe to post here? I looove Anzacs, the chewy ones!! yummooo!!

Here is the recipe, found through the Sunrise website!

Anzac Biscuits
Makes 50; Prep:10 mins; Cook:10 mins

Ingredients
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
90g unsalted butter, chopped
2 teaspoons golden syrup
1 tablespoon boiling water
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoons demerera sugar

1. Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl.

2. In a small saucepan, combine butter and golden syrup. Stir over a low heat until butter is melted.

3. Stir boiling water into bicarbonate of soda in a small jug. Add to the butter mixture then pour into the dry ingredients. Mix well.

4. Roll level teaspoons of mixture into balls. Press the tops of the balls into the sugar. Place balls, about 4cm apart, onto oven trays lined with baking paper.

5. Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool biscuits on trays before storing in an airtight container.

That is great, thanks!! Can I just ask what is demerera sugar?
i didnt watch sunrise this morning but dh did (as i went to work) and he seen it and printed the recipe from the website and now wants me to cook them for him. he wants his crunchy too and am going to do some soft for ds to let him try some.

so hopefully they will be nice.

i was called ballo!

Demerera sugar is raw sugar, don't take my word for it, but have goggled and that is what it came up with.

Heather

mmmm i will have to make some anzac bikkies tonight now.

have to send hubby down to get some brown sugar
Sign in to follow this topic