Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Ideas for gift list for baby shower

Ideas for gift list for baby shower Lock Rss

Hi all,
Just want to pass something by others, is it pretentious to have a gift registry for a baby shower? If not, where is a good place to register for one that has good products with reasonable prices. I'm in Adelaide.
Thanks,
Ailsa
I think it's a great idea - saves getting lots of things you don't need - and nothing you want! Wish I'd done it! I reckon the best thing would be to ask everyone to get you eg. Coles Myer Gift Cards. That's a bit rude though I guess, and very impersonal! But at least you could get what you need, when you need it. I have no idea what good places you have in Adelaide - just wanted to let you know I think it's a good idea and there should be more of it!
Just make sure you choose gifts at reasonable prices. I was at babyco about 6 months ago, and a lady was looking through a gift registry there and she commented to us that she felt really uncomfortable because none of the gifts on the registry was under $120, and she wasnt planning on spending that much. Maybe you could ask the store to just collect cash from your guests and you will spend it in the store, that way people could leave as much or as little as they please, and you wouldnt know the exact amount each person put down.

The Deeks 07/08/02, Googie 23/11/04

Hi all,
Thanks for your input. I've decided to do a mixture of things. I've done an online registry the list of which I've also given to the baby shower organizer. For those that don't have internet or don't wish to use the registry can speak to the organizer for a list of baby care product we've used and loved or use the suggestion of a gift voucher.
This is our second baby so we have a lot of stuff from our son. Call me rude but I would actually prefer practical gifts I need (i.e. nappies, wipes etc.) or a voucher for me to choose a gift rather than a pretty photo frame. Don't get me wrong if I get the photo frame I would immediately put the best photo of the baby with the person in it, but a weeks supply of Huggies or a $10 voucher would be more beneficial.
Thanks again,
Ailsa
Sign in to follow this topic