Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. The best mothers day pressie ever

The best mothers day pressie ever Lock Rss

my five year old woke me thismorning, giving me a bag of goodies. One of its items just blew me away and i was almost in tears, so i had to share it with you...
It was a small box made out of cardboard which was painted with her sweet hands. It had a ribbon tied tightly around it, with a card attached that read:
This is a very special gift
That you can never see,
The reason its so special is
Its just for you from me.
Whenever you are lonely
or ever feeling blue,
You only have to hold this gift
And know i think of you.
You never can unwrap it
Please leave the ribbon tied,
Just hold the box close to your heart
Its filled with love inside.

HOW CUTE! Has anyone recieved anything sentimental this year?
I am such a sucker for cards... especially this one...
I didn't get a gift... well I did get chocolates which i do like. i also got a bit of a sleep in and breakfast cooked for me and the kitchen cleaned and that was very nice. If only it was Mothers Days every weekend.

But... I have seen this little poem b4 many many years ago. you used to be able to buy little versions from nik nak shops like Granny Mays etc. It is very cute isn't it.

i am glad you had a good day.
Oh how cute!

I got the super dooper bestest pressie ever this year!!!!
My Moo who will be 14 mths on the 22nd took 15 steps unaided. And she was doing other smaller amount of steps but that was the most!!

Im so excited and proud!
Nikki
wow flashback. my dad gave me a box with that same poem when i was a child.
//
[Edited on 27/05/2007]
Yep, it's a standard mothers day gift! We make it every couple of years at school (I'm a teacher. Most of the time we use empty match boxes that the kids cover in small bits of coloured paper. The first year i did it i made a BIG one for my mum as the example and mum still has it on her shelf! Shouldn't be shocked really - she still has most of the motehrs day gifts we made her as kids too!

Dette, DS 06.03, DS 10.04, DD 03.06 & Due Sept 07!

Sign in to follow this topic