Huggies Forum

HANDY HINTS AROUND THE HOUSE!! Lock Rss

If you are like me and do not have a teflon coated fry pan, here is a handy hint to remove those stubborn marks from cooking. Use a plastice bread tie to scrape the pan, its great and wont ruin the surface like some other things.Another one is, I have a small toybox next to my DD's change table, she is one of those babies that will squirm the whole time I am changing her. One toy to play with and its easy as pie!! Anyone else got any home handy hints???
[Edited on 04/06/2007]

i'm not sure this is such a handy hint or just a good idea,

for mushing up zoe's food i bought one of those magic bullet blenders (but a cheaper version for only $26) works great it so quick and easy and i can feed her straight from the container it was blended in saves dishes.

and i wanted to make the few little toys/chew rings/and general baby crap that we have in our lounge look more tidy so i bought a small party tub (soft plastic tubs with handles in really nice bright colours, normally used to hold drinks and ice IYKWIM, but this one was much smaller) from coles for about $7 and its just the right size, big enough to hold all the junk and small enough to be put out of the way. its so great i went to get another one but they dont have any more it was a one off thing
YEAH, I WAS ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT BUYING ONE OF THOSE MAGIC BULLETS FOR BABY FOOD.
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT smile]

the magic bullet thing, its great just so easy, its far less hassle getting DD's food ready without stuffing around with the blender.

i got mine from aldi for $26.99
WOW! That is pretty cheap, I might look into getting one I think, Thanks smile]

Just bumping it up

my DD pulled the deep fryer out of the cupboard, and the oil spilt the oil everywhere and i was wondering how to get the film of oil off the lino...
salt tends to soak up oil.. maybe try that

2 baby boyz!

Easy Off Bam works well for getting oil off things - even out of new dishcloths/sponges. Just spray on, wait a few minutes & rinse with warm/hot water!

For stubborn marks on tiles spray some Spray'n'Wipe or Orange Power (or something similar) on marks a few minutes before mopping. Works for me!
well this is spmething different,
my daughter use to keep pulling the draws open and pulling everything out, so i got a bamboo stick and slid it down the middle of all the draw handles, now she cant get in to them, i got a whole pack for $2 from crazy clarks

3 Little Ones to Love.....

i find to clean and shine my stainless steel toaster and jug, i juice a lemon and add b oiling water to it then use that to scrub the toaster...nice and shiny!!! with no chemicals

Aimee, 4 year old princess

Sign in to follow this topic