Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Cleaning Toys Lock Rss

Just wondering what methods people use to clean their fabric toys that won't go in the washing machine.

WA - gorgeous little girl

Depending what you mean for "clean" - I spray them with pine o clean disinfectant...(cause when i think clean I think germs), but soiled (dirty) toys I use a damp cloth, then spray with disinfectant.

My other toys I soak in disinfectant, and I do this almost weekly.

mAy all yOur wiSheS cOmE trUe...

I've popped fabric toys in the washing machine and they have come up fine - this includes the ones that says "surface washable only" & "do not immerse in water". I figured these are not too expensive to replace, so if they are ruined in the wash, it's not a big deal. I haven't done this with furry teddy bears though.

I have often wondered about using spray disinfectants (or any disinfectants) - are they safe as my kids still put everything in their mouths? I've wipe down furniture, etc with disinfectants but have not used it on toys that they chew.

Twins' Mum, VIC, E & A born 4/04

Hi Karen

I wipe them with diluted Milton Anti-bacterial Solution then completely dry before letting her at them again.

Leesa, NSW, Amy 27.05.04

Sign in to follow this topic