Huggies Forum

MOTHER-IN-LAWS Rss

just wanted to know if everyone here gets along with/ or likes their mother in law.

just curious

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

My mother in law lives in New Zealand, so I don't really have a lot to do with her. She did travel over here just after the birth of our son Cameron in September, but she was only here for a week. I bet there would be times when it would be good for Andy to have his mother here, but it don't really bother me. So what about you, what do you think of your mother in law?
dont get me wrong i love the lady. i've known her ever since i was 5 i'm now 22. but there are some things i really dont like. i guess thats usual with everyone you meet.

narelle

Hi, my M-I-L and I don't get on very well due to the fact that she never had much to do with my husband when he was young, this suits me fine as i think she is strange anyway.

Belinda,Brisbane

No, I have no problems with my Mother-in-law! I think she's great, don't get me wrong there are some things about her that annoy me but I think you will find that in everyone!! I get on so well with her! I think I would tell her more than my own mother! I think she is fantastic!!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Well my M-I-L is a total dragon. She does what ever she can to make my life a misery. She is rude, sarcastic and down right mean!!! I avoid her so I am not rude to her. I constantly bite my tongue when I am with her out of respect for my husband. The night before my wedding she was so rude to me in front of my parents my mother walked off crying thinking what is my daughter getting herself into. I couldnt sleep for most of the night before the wedding from what she did. Then in the morning I woke up still upset. In the end I thought she wanted to upset me and she has won so I talked myself out of letting her get her way. She tried to start a fight with my husbands father, her ex but he wouldnt bite back. Then she told us the only reason she came to our wedding was because she wanted to throw a plate of food over her ex's head!!!! O yer she is a nice lady. When I was pregnant she never asked how I was or took any interest in the baby at all. Then after the baby was born she rang me in the hospital and told me the reason she did not have any interest in the baby was because she felt I was trying to trap her son.................. We had been married for 3 years!! She lives about 17 hours drive from us which is a good thing. She has only seen our son a few times and that was due to the fact she was in town for a funeral. The Xmas after I had my son she invited us to her house for Xmas. She lives in a VERY hot place and does not believe in air-conditioning. So as we dont get along and I had a 5 month old baby at the time we decided we would stay at home. She rang a few days later and unfortunately I answered the phone. I stupidly tried to be nice and genuinly asked how her Xmas was.............her reply........."It was lovely but it would have been perfect if my son was here, then I would of had my whole family".!!!! I dont think she could of made it any plainer what she thinks of me and our son. But I still try to make an effort. I buy her birthday. mothers day and Xmas presents and I send them up to her. She rings and speaks to my husband and says thanks but she never thanks me. We I get photos processed I get copies and send them to her with a letter typed like my son had written it saying what he has been up to. I also write in the letter I love you Grandma, miss you etc. Sometimes she rings to say I have them thank you but never to me. I got really hurt so I stopped doing it so she rang a few months later cranky as she had no recent photos. I even send her a calendar this year with a blown up picture of our son. That was a few weeks ago and we still have not heard from her. So say we dont see eye to eye is an understatement. This is my second marriage so I tell people my first husband was an idiot but I had a lovely mother in law, my second husband is lovely but my mother in law is an idiot. You cant win them all!!
i get along with her ok... she was never a "mum" to my fiancé always too busy now its the same with our daughter dont get me wrong she loves her cuz she told us she wanted a girl...so i know she is happy with her being a girl...!! but shespendsa lot of time with everyonre elses kids (guide leader) she dont have time for her granddaughter who is 19 months now she loves my mum as she has lots to do with her but M-I-L dont have time n it shows...

lol there is my bitch session sorry if i have spelt n e thing wrong i have my daughter sitting on my lap n shes a big girl...lol

I wasn't very close with my MIL, but my oldest girl was just starting to develop a good relationship with her when she suddenly died, this was 3 years ago. I have regrets that I didn't get to know her better, but what breaks my heart is my girl still says she misses her nanna.

So cherish the time our little ones have with their Nanna/Pops as it's only after they are gone that you realise what an important role they play in our lives.

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

hi Janeen

i am so sorry to hear what a witch she is. my daughter aint to much older than your son. my daughter was born 5/6/02. i cant believe some people can be so rude. what is her problem? why is she such a bitter rude and arrogent old woman. its funny huh you think that all old people are nice but most of them are really really bitter. you are the bigger person in this relationship. you are one person i now look up to. it must be so hard and so trying for you to be able to bite your tongue and not say something out of bitterness and anger. you are a strong person i take as much as i can then i explode. i cant believe someone could have such a witch of a mother in law. i bet your son is beautiful you'll have to send me some pics and fill me in on the birth weight and stuff since he and my daughter are fairly close in ages. how was your christmas? i know the feeling. Eilish is 19 months and i still dont like taking her out when its to hot for her. i understand why you did it. its nice to put your children before anyone. any good mother does. i'd send her a HUGE lump of coal next year from your son. i cant believe someone could be so nasty.

hope she gets over her bitterness

i forgot to add my email address

its

kodeybear@hotmail.com

i have msn too (same handle/name)

bombababenaz is my yahoo name.

feel free to drop me a line anytime you need to get steam off your chest. i'll lend an open ear.

Hi all,
My MIL lives only 2 minutes around the corner from us. This can sometimes be a problem, (when you want time to yourself), but at other times it can be a godsend. My MIL has her faults, (like we all do), but we get along fine most of the time. She was a lifesaver when my last baby was born. He came so quick, he didn't make to the hospital. If she hadn't of come as quick as she did, we wouldn't have had time to get the two kids down to her. She helped me through the contractions until the ambulance came, then took my other two with her. She was also there when my first son (her first grandchild and grandson) was born. I appreciate her greatly.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

MY M-I-L DOESN'T LIKE HER SON (MY PARTNER) VERY MUCH & HAS A GREAT RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS EX-WIFE (ONLY SINCE THEY SEPERATED BECAUSE SHE NEEDED A SHOULDER TO CRY ON & HAS NO FAMILY HERE) SO EVEN THOUGH WE DO LIKE EACH OTHER & GET ALONG OK WE CAN'T SEEM TO GET CLOSE & MY CHILDREN ARE ALL BOYS SHE SEEMS TO LIKE GIRLS MORE HOWEVER WE DO SEE HER REGUARLY IT IS ONLY SAD THAT WE CAN'T BE CLOSE.

Tanya, had 3 boys under 26 months

Sign in to follow this topic