Huggies Forum

MOTHER-IN-LAWS Rss

FORGOT TO MENTION THAT SHE'S A PRISON OFFICER, THOUGH I'M NOT A BAD PERSON I DON'T DRINK, SMOKE OR DO ANYTHING ESLE STRANGE BUT SHE HAS A BRICK WALL AROUND HERSELF WHEN SHE MEETS NEW PEOPLE, THIS WALL DIDN'T START TO BREAK UNTIL AFTER THE EX-WIFE WALL BROKE (THE EX-WIFE HAD TO BE HAPPY BEFORE THAT HAPPENED AND THAT TOOK A COUPLE OF YEARS)& BY THEN I WAS NEARLY DUE TO HAVE OUR FIRST CHILD SO SHE HAD TO GET TO KNOW ME.

WE DID START TO GET CLOSE ABOUT 6 MTHS AFTER THE EX-WIFE MOVED BUT THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE NOT ONLY CAME BACK BUT SHE MOVED IN WITH MY M-I-L FOR 3 MTHS SO THINGS JUST GOT WORSE AGAIN.

Tanya, had 3 boys under 26 months

Well you either love them or hate them. Me now my ex inlaw has been a total pain and no longer see her thank god. Its hard for the kids as I refuse to take them to see her and if they want to go there they have to get the father to take them. No matter which way you look at it no one will ever be good for there baby's being male or female. I never let them rule the way I do things or say things as its my life and if I make mistakes then so be it and we dont need any one tells us how to every think all the time as life is an adventure full of ups and downs, and they kept there noses out things would so much better for all.

Di SA
Hi Janeen

I can really relate to how you feel. You wouldn't believe some of my stories. If you would like to chat my email is markandpauline@dodo.com.au.

mum of 3

Hi just like to say that i get along really well with my mother in law, in fact i get along with her as well as my own mother, i've known her for 3 years and she is a wonderful supportive person who treats me like her own daughter.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

At first I thought my mother in law was great, when I moved in with my partner and his parents home, we all got along so well she was like a best friend. Then she started getting weird and I begun to see the real side of her which my partner tried to warn me about. When I fell pregnant and we told my MIL, she started going strange on me from then on, she told me when I was 5 weeks pregnant that my baby was going to be disabled, gee thanks a first time mum really needs to hear that. We were in the car one time and she started driving towards oncoming traffic, I was so angry because there was no way I was going to lose my baby over her. My partner and I finally got our own place, it was great because she knew she wasn't welcome for long so I didnt have to see her too often. Now that I have had my baby all she wants to do is see my daughter and talk good of her. I really don't want her to have much to do with my daughter after everything she has said to me. Every time they come up here to visit us I dread it so bad, she tries to act like nothing is wrong but im not that sort of person I need to resolve my problems. I can't stand her now, I only try to be nice for my partners sake.
i am sorry to hear about that. if you need to talk drop me a line. tell me about your daughter.

kodeybear@hotmail.com

msn and email

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

I used to think that my M-I-L was a complete dragon but she's actually not that bad.
Sure shes has her days when she disses our childraising skills, but all in all shes lovely and i love my F-I-L to bits.
Sorry to hear that some of you have M-I-L's from hell

mum to nicholas (05/12/02)

Hello Eilishsmummy,
I hear you! I have many stories....
Feel free to e-mail me simonwrightimep@optusnet.com
Mishka.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Oh Janeen

I feel so sorry for you!

I am blessed my mother in law is truly wonderful I am closer to her and get along better with her then I do my own mother!

It must be soooo very difficult for you!

All I can say is chin up and whenever you feel angry about something she has done hasn't done whatever just think of your beautiful son and your lovely husband!

all the best

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

thanks for all your replys dont worry your mother in laws if they are heaps bad just rememember they are half the reason you have the lovely husbands, fiances or boyfriends that you do an they are a quater of the reason you have the gorgeous babies in your arms. dont let them ruin your lives. life is to short. thanks for all the replys to this post i never thought i'd get so many replies.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

my mil is great she will drop evrything to come over to help with my 3 boys she will even bring food 4 dinnre/ lunch etc does the washing. ironing etc

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Unfortunately my mother-in-law passed away years before we had our child- but if she were here she would have been a great support person to have around as she had 3 boys and would have treated our lil girl as her own girl she never had.
However I did have problems with the father-in-law who insisted on visiting on the morning that I got out of the emergency ceasar op even though we had requested not to. A couple of months later I finally told him to back off and now 9 months on he has realised that we need our space and we are slowly starting to get along. I found it hard to get along with a lot of my partner's family but found that those people were the one's who had no idea of what we were experiencing as new parents and once they understood what we were going through things started improving.
Hang in there and keep the communication flowing.
gasp)

Susan mum of 2 gals

Sign in to follow this topic