Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Embryos on ice???? Lock Rss

Hi All,
Does anyone have frozen embryos? We have 10. Very ethical decisions to be made. We have twins thanks to IVF but.........storage is only 5 years and if we donate it's like adopting 10 babies. I have to keep reminding myself that they are cells, 48hour old cells. Its such a hard decision, at least now if you donate them to science you can choose the research project and as a friend of ours has a terminal genetic disease, and my daughter is deaf, it will maybe give hope to others???!!!
Susan 20month old twins

Susan twinmum boy/girl Oct 2003

Post deleted by administrator.
Hi Susan

We also have about 10 frozen embryos, we had 3 IVF attempts which failed before conceiving naturally with our 8 mo old son. I made the decision to keep them frozen as I want the security in case I have problems when I try for my next child. I also struggled with the concept of donating them as I look at my son and think that although another couple would be so deserving it would be our child. Selfish I know but I dont think I could rest easy not knowing if my son had a brother or sister somewhere???

Difficult decision isnt it.
Sign in to follow this topic