Huggies Forum

Fun with the Under 30's!!! Rss

I just thought i would start a chat for the under 30 seeings though theres one for the 30+!! Good idea too!
i am an "1982" baby!
What things were around and were cool when you were growing up?
Rememer the parachute pants??
or the Happy Pants?
And those slinkets (wrist bands) they were so cool!!! haha
the bubble socks pulled over your pants, (now that was a hot look wasnt it!)
banana clips? with crimped hair!!!

3 Little Ones to Love.....

hey, im a 1986 bub....
were the slinkets those things you had to snap on your wrist?
I was born in NZ so it might have been different lol. but i remember those parachute pants!! lol, my MIL gave me a photo the other day of my partner as a kid wearing them..... hehehehe
Oh yeah, go the crimped hair!!
and slap bands!
I too remember all these!
And those cassette tapes with bubblegum in them?
yes, they were the things that you slapped on your wrist, i am pretty sure they were called slinkets, but could be wrong, i had so many different patterned, colours etc!!!
i bet your partner loved you seeing that photo of him!
can you remember anything else fromthe 80s that were cool?

im an '83' girl, how you all doing.
the crimped hair WAS cool..... lol, i dont know what i'll do if one day DD comes and says "mum, crimp my hair" hehe.

the mullet!!!
[Edited on 16/06/2007]

And those cassette tapes with bubblegum in them? [/quote]

i totally forgot about those, omg, they were cool as! and remember those itty bitty bins?

and for the blokes the acid wash jeans, and remember those hyper colour t shirts???

oh hypercolour tees were so cool and those slap wrist bracelets i loved them.
did anyone have one of those pink pig toy boxes? most of my friends had them aswell as me.

Yes I did lol.
I was born in "83" I remember the slap bands and how they were band from our school as the material would break exposing the metal and some kids got cut quite badly! I loved punky bruster and those gum tapes so cute. I had hyper colour tops and everyone would breath on your top to make it change clour they were so daggy but I loved it. Also fluroscent clothes I have so many photos of me in bright pink, green , orange etc LMAO! I loved Danni minogue in YTT and Craig Mcglochlan (SORRY can't spell it properly) I can't think what else was around.
Sign in to follow this topic