Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Bloody Men! Lock Rss

I'm sorry I need to have a rant. Does anyone else feel that their husbands/partners just don't get how hard it is to be a full-time mum?

I haven't had a day off since Tiana was born. Just over two years ago. I feel like my hubby gets time off everyday when he goes to work. Yes he has to work but he gets to have some adult conversations.

All I want is a full day to myself. I may just go to a movie or get my hair cut, or just do nothing. Just as long as it's without my kids. Or is that selfish?
Nope, not selfish at all. I live in a rural area where i dont know anybody, so i have no adult contact except with DP. I always say to him, hey, at least you have your mates at work all day to chat too. I take the kids to my mums which is a decent drive away once a fortnight. We used to live in the same area, so thats where all my friends are. So nanna looks after the boys while i go to lunch, have my hair/nails/waxing done, go shopping etc with a girlfriend. its a great realese.

The Deeks 07/08/02, Googie 23/11/04

You're not selfish at all. My son just turned 2 and I haven't had a single day to myself either. I now have a 3 1/2 month old daughter as well so I can't see any free days for me for a while as I'm breastfeeding. My husband had his tonsils out just over a week ago and has been at home 24/7 ever since and I think he finally realises how hard it is. When my husband is home for the day - which is very rare - I prefer to spend the day together as a family. I've recently started scrapbooking so I try to get out on a Saturday night to our local scrapbooking shop as they stay open until midnight - not very exciting I know, but it helps me keep a bit of my sanity smile .

Take care
Jasmine
I am a full-time Mum too who works from home but I thought I would give you a laugh at a conversation I heard DH having with his BIL...

"I am sure she thinks I go to work to sleep. It's bl00dy hard working all day and then she expects me to come home and take over while she works. Never ending".

Boo hoo. I don't think he sleeps all day but he gets to have adult conversations, concentrate on his work and then come home and have no worries. Me on the other hand tries to work all day with a baby and then when he comes home, I go back to my computer to finish what I didn't get done. Last night I went to bed at 12:30am.

My thoughts on DH "build a bridge, get over it and stop whinging"!!!

Sign in to follow this topic