Huggies Forum

Whats the big deal?? Rss

Why is everyone so interested in the baby bonus, Crikey!! Sure I will be the first to say, it comes in very handy and it's a great bonus, but whats with all the questions on how much?? When I had my first it didn't even exist, all you got was about $800. It's sometimes makes me think it is a big factor in deciding to have a baby with some people, I know people that are really more interested in the money than they should be.
By the way,this is not aimed at anyone in particular.
[Edited on 26/06/2007]

Ive only seen people ask if it goes up this July or next - whats wrong with that?
I wonder how many people are putting off getting preggers now, so they can get $5000 from 1st July 2008 - lol.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sorry Stacey, must have posted at the same time. It goes up from 1st July next year then suppose to cap at 5k indefinately.

I've heard roumers they are going to dish it out over a period of time in allotments, but not sure any decisions have been made on that one yet.

It may depend on who wins the election - lol.

Posted by: StaceY25
Ive only seen people ask if it goes up this July or next - whats wrong with that?

Well, there is nothing wrong with it, but in my opinion it shouldn't matter how much you get. I have just seen some news stories of women that are soley having babies for the money. I am definetely not implying that any mothers in this site are guilty of that, it just seems sad that the money is the biggest thing on some peoples minds thats all.

I would wait until i saved enough money to have another baby. the baby bonus i just that a bonus.

It is supposed to be going up. I hope they dont take it away, casue it sure helped us out.

i actually think they should give it out in allotments.

People shouldnt have babies for the money but it sure comes in handy - its hard not to think about it! But I just think that theres been talk of the baby bonus lately cos there was confusion over when it went up.
Posted by: StaceY25
People shouldnt have babies for the money but it sure comes in handy - its hard not to think about it! But I just think that theres been talk of the baby bonus lately cos there was confusion over when it went up.

Yeah probably I suppose so, I think installments are a good idea too.

At the end of the day, regardless of whether people do it for the money or not, the Government is getting what it wants - a baby boom.

I don't think many people do it soley for the money because at the end of the day, they still have a baby to raise. If it were just for the money, we would be seeing a huge increase in adoption or baby abandonment.

Yeah I do too!! Im not worried about the baby bonus - I just hate the whole school year thing!
My boss' friend is "apparently" working on the part payments and working out what you can spend it on.
I am wanting a third child (husband not so sure if he does yet) and wont be having it until after July 1 08 not because of the baby bonus increase but because I only had my 2nd 4 months ago (I would like to have it on 08/08/08- cool number and my husbands 30th- not likely to happen though)

Maybe people are asking about it because they are planning on using it for bills and things (maybe buying baby stuff on interest free?) and it's kind of hard to organise stuff when you've got a new addition to the family, so it makes it easier to plan on how it's going to be spent before bubba is born so that it's nice and simple once bubba is born. I know I didn't have my DS for the money and I wouldn't have more kinds just for the money. I'm hoping I'll have another baby by July 08 and couldn't give a rats about the money, but it's handy to know it'll be $4000 so I know that I'll have that to spend on what I need for the new baby and my DS now. Get what I mean?
Sign in to follow this topic