Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Anyone seen this email circulating to parents?

Anyone seen this email circulating to parents? Rss

I received the below email today from a friend, thought I would share...


Subject: PLEASE READ THIS!!DO NOT IGNORE!! YOUR CHILD COULD DIE FROM THIS! DON'T IGNORE THIS BECAUSE IT'S A LONG ARTICLE PLEASE!! PLEASE READ!!

There are some very sick people in the world!!!!!!!!
McDonalds, Burger king, Time Zone... All places with ball pits in the children's play area.

One of my sons lost his watch, and was very upset. We dug and dug in those balls, trying to find his watch. Instead, we found vomit, food, faeces, and other stuff I do not want to discuss.

I went to the manager and raised hell. Come to find out, the ball pit is only cleaned out once a month. I have doubts that it is even done that often.

My kids will never play in another ball pit.

Some of you might not be parents, but you may have nieces, nephews, grandchildren, or friends with children.

This will pertain to you too. As I read the following, my heart sank.

I urge each and every one of you to pass this on to as many people as you can. I cannot stress how important this is!

Hi. My name is Lauren Archer, my son Kevin and I lived in Melbourne, Australia. On October 2nd, 1999 I took my only son to McDonald's for his 3rd birthday.

After he finished lunch, I allowed him to play in the ball pit. When he started whining later on, I asked him what was wrong, he pointed to the back of his pull-up and simply said "Mommy, it hurts." I couldn't find anything wrong with him at that time. I bathed him when we got home, and it was at that point when I found a welt on his left buttock.

Upon investigating, it seemed as if there was something like a splinter under the welt. I made an appointment to see the doctor the next day, but soon he started vomiting and shaking, then his eyes rolled back into his head. From there, we went to the emergency room. He died later that
night.

It turned out that the welt on his buttock was the tip of a hypodermic needle that had broken off inside.

The autopsy revealed that Kevin had died from a heroine overdose. The next week, the police removed the balls from the ball pit. There was rotten food, several hypodermic needles: some full, some used; knives, half-eaten candy, diapers, faeces, and the stench of urine.

Don't think its just McDonald's either. A little boy had been playing in a ball pit @ a Burger King & started complaining of his legs hurting.

He later died too. He was found to have snakebites all over his legs & buttocks. When they cleaned the ball pit they found that there was a snake's nest in the ball pit. He had suffered numerous bites from a very poisonous snake.

Repost this if it scares the crap out of you!! Repost this if you care about kids!! Please forward this to all loving mothers, fathers and anyone who loves and cares for children!! What has this world come to??
If a child is not safe in a child's play area then where??

It sounds like that story about the red back spider nest in the dred locks, scarey but probably an urban legend
[Edited on 28/06/2007]
Yes I have recieved this one before. Pretty scarey hey.

its pretty scary sad

i dont think there'd be 'full' syringes left in there tho, do u know how far H addicts go to get a hit?!
It may not be true, but still something to think about. Don't think I will allow my children to play in a ball pit at Maccas.

I always worry about how dirty those balls are. I recently went to a play centre where there was a machine that the kids throw the ball into, it sucks it up and cleans it then shoots it out!! What a great idea, the kids think they are playing but they are cleaning all the balls!!
I agree, skuzzie, it may be just one of those 'urban myths', but its still quite believable. I've seen needles everywhere, what makes a ball pit any different? Junkies aren't really the most thoughtful people when it comes to disposing their needles appropriately.
where i used to live at the public ppol they had a slide, sum1 got into there of a night time and stuck razor blades along the inside, nobody knew until a few kids went down sad its so sick what ppl do, what on earth drives them do it? makes me so angry and sick
Post deleted by administrator.
Yes I supposse it is better to be safe than sorry, HOWEVER my DP lost his wallet in a ball pit whilst playing with DD he recruited all the older kids to help him find it and the first one who did he brought a freddo frog. He had about 10 kids looking and all they came across was odd socks and lolly wrapers. And yes they did find the wallet.
That wouldn't surpise me at all. Its pretty scary. There's no way in hell I'll be letting my son play in one of those ball pits.
Post deleted by administrator.
Sign in to follow this topic