Huggies Forum

What does your dh do ? Lock Rss

My DH is an engineering consoltant. He goes onto mining refineries and does testing on the equipment ant tells you when something is going to break or needs replacing, like preasure vessles, pipes, turbines ect. He is also studying to be a vessel inspector, he also does industrial radiography (xrays metal ect). He likes it and it is a pretty technical job and every day is different, he likes using his brain and he has plenty of room to go up in his company which suits him. He works 40 hours a week, no weekends unless something drastic happens, (they cant affort to call him out) weekend work is $260 an hour min, 4 hours.... hehehe, neadless to say he doesn't get very much weekend work.
When I am not preggas I am a industrial spraypainter and sandblaster, I work on the docks and referbish ships and boats when they come out of the water for repairs ect, I like it, but it is hard phisical work (gives you good muscles and abbs) and the chemicals in the paints aren't good for you.

My DH is a structural engineering consultant and presently working on Telstra's 3G network. He works 40hrs a week as he is not allowed to claim overtime but means he is home late afternoon and no weekend work. He used to have his own business run from home also just after we were married. He uses so much maths and strange formulas, weird functions on the calculator that I have not really ever seen before but loves the brain work also.

His hours are good as it leaves me to do some causal work if need be when the penalty rates are better over the weekend.

I think that he would like to be a SAHD but I don't think financially that would be an option for us.

SJ
My hubby is a mad scientist ha ha ha ..No he is incharge of all the labs in QLD for Boral lost count how many hours he works ...I just know it is alot !!!!!!!!
hi, my ddf is a computer technition, comes in handy when your computer breaks down,
My DH is a Superviser for a media group that looks after multiple broadcast areas throughout Australia.
My dh is a metallurgist working in the steel works (makes the steel). He's a shiftworker doing 12 hour shifts. 2 day shifts, 2 night shifts and then 4 days off. Is great having him home for 4 days in a row, am guaranteed a sleep in this way too, plus, he gets to spend alot of time with ds.

DS 21/01/2006 DS 30/01/2008

Hi Girls,

My hubby is a truck driver too!! he leaves for work at about 3pm, is back in bed at about 4 or 5am, sleeps til 12ish. so we get about three hours a day to do our thing. but atleast he is home more now that he is not driving interstate for a week at a time.

[IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/sams

Hi Girls,

My hubby is a truck driver too!! he leaves for work at about 3pm, is back in bed at about 4 or 5am, sleeps til 12ish. so we get about three hours a day to do our thing. but atleast he is home more now that he is not driving interstate for a week at a time.

[IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/sams

My husband is in the Navy. He's an officer (Lieutenant) and his job title is Weapons Electrical Engineering Officer, and he is also a qualified Fire Control Officer. That's just a fancy way of saying he gets to fire the large round ships gun. He is the only person on his ship who can do that, which means he works a lot. He has just gotten back from six months away in the Gulf, and he should be home for about two years (hopefully) not counting the odd month away for a course or something. His 'normal' working hours are 7:30am to 4pm, and he is on 'duty' every 4th-7th night, which means he sleeps on the ship overnight. When he has a sea posting, he is away for at least six months of the year, sometimes eight, but when he has a shore posting, he is away for about two months for various training courses and seminars. He can't go back to sea now until he finishes his Lieutenant time and by then we are hoping that the Navy will help him get into Medicine again so he can finish his medical degree.

My man is an Off Shore Rigger, which not only takes him in National waters, but also International waters, at the moment he works 4wks on and 2wks off, but it could be 6wks on if he goes International again... He use to be a Super Intendent for a Scaff/Rigging company in the Pilbara also.

mama to 3 beautiful angels...

DH is a real estate agent here in WA (as am I) we work crazy hours, but we also can take time off whenever we want, take holidays when ever we want, no worries if the kids get sick. The lifestyle suits us beautifully, we work very very hard for a few months and then take a nice long break.........

My DH is a farmhand and works tremendous hours that are supposed to stop when seeding, harvesting and hay carting are finished. A couple of times he has been home for two hours then gone again. He used to drive trucks, leaving Sunday nights and getting back Friday night/ Saturday morning so I should be grateful that he only ever drives interstate carting straw once or twice every couple of weeks.

Sign in to follow this topic