Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

moving house Lock Rss

Can anyone give me any tips on making it easier on my son when we move house he will be 8 months old when we move.

kylie,nsw,mum to William & Hannah

Hi, we moved when our first daughter was nearly two and I was 8mnths pregnant! (bad move)
It's always stressful so can you leave your boy with a trusted friend or grandparent on the day of the move? Try and have his room set up first, and unpack his things, getting out his favourite toys etc. This will help make the transition a little smoother for him, also the more you can do to help yourself from getting stressed, the better as kids do pick up on your emotions. Think about things like kitchenware/items you'll need to prepare bottles or feeds for him, make sure you have these ready to go before bringing him into the situation so it runs as smoothly as possible for you both.
Good Luck!!!!!!!

Dizie, 2 girls, 2002 & 2003

Hi Kylie,

I have just moved again! The first time was when bubs was 9 months and we have just finished moving again, she is now not quite 13 months. With the first move I had some friends look after her - closest family member is 1200km away! We did the move by ourselves, and then while cleaning the old house I needed someone to take her.
Basically Dizie covered it - keeping your food and milk together is the most important though! I found the removalists packed it this time after I had set it aside and told them to leave it!! I had to go and buy more as it was 2 days before we got our stuff.
And set up the cot first thing! So long as they have got somewhere to sleep half of the trouble is gone!!

Good luck on your move!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Sign in to follow this topic