Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

3rd Birthday Party Suggestions Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

I need some help! My daughter turns three middle of next month, and I have no idea what to do for her party! She told me she wants it at home (I was happy with Maccas!), and at least family can be invited too. I was thinking of having it from 2.30 - 5.00 as she normally has a nap about 11.30 - 1.00, or 12.30 - 2. I just don't know what to do at the party. I think kids parties have gone overboard lately with parents hiring clowns, jumping castles, fairies etc. They are only 3!!!!!! I don't have that kind of money, and I don't want to get into the "beat the last party she went too" syndrome. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
When I had my daughters 3rd birthday party (which was in 2003) I had 28 kids come along aged from 2-4 years of age and wasn't in a big home at the time but the yard was quite big so I did hire a jumping castle (this castle was only for up to age 5's so it was a smaller one) it cost me $90 for 3 hours to hire it and I tell you it was well worth that money, it kept them entertained the whole time, they loved it, I also played a few games with them pass the parcel and a lolly hunt as at that age they aren't interested in doing too many games. I wasn't out to beat other kids parties I just thought the castle was a good idea and I tell you it was, every kid there had a excellent time and we ended up having the jumping castle for more than 5 hours at no extra cost, people that hired out to us just didnt' pick it up till later so that was a bonus too.
For my daughters 4th party just last year I just had it at home and had a Dress up Party and played games with them we didnt' have no castle or anything else last year as they were older they played more games and still had alot of fun! Anyway goodluck, I reckon little kids have fun no matter what sort of party you have.

Sign in to follow this topic