Huggies Forum

would you let ur daughter? Lock Rss

just listening to the radie yesterday and it had a segment about the 12y/o girl that got chosen as the face of Gold Coast Fashion Event HERE is the new article. i would love to know what u think!

is 12 too young? would u left ur daughter do it?

i have to work 9-5pm today so PLEASE dont let it get heated i want to read thru it wen i get home lol

MY OPINION;

i think 12 is definately too young- she isnt even a teen yet!! Some thing like ruins young girls. it isnt really good at any age let alone 12y/o. knowing 1st hand how much pressure is put on urselfand others wen modelling i know that its alot and i know at 16 i couldnt really deal with the pressure nor could a few of the ppl i modelled with- i will admitt is was all fun and games at 1st but then the 'fun' of it all dissappeared IYKWIM

i definately would not let my daughter (if i have one) do it. modelling in catalogues for clothes/ toys ect/ yeah maybe- even then i'd be a bit hesitant- -
[Edited on 15/09/2007]
no i personally dont think so as she is wearing clothes...not binkini,swimwear or lingre.... i modeled at a young 11 till i fell pregnant at 17.... it can be difficult but u have to know wen to say no to certain "jobs" so u dont overload yourself....
i would allow my daughter to but she would only be inrespectable clothing not like swimware that
Posted by: miss_hollys_mummy
no i personally dont think so as she is wearing clothes...not binkini,swimwear or lingre.... i modeled at a young 11 till i fell pregnant at 17.... it can be difficult but u have to know wen to say no to certain "jobs" so u dont overload yourself....
i would allow my daughter to but she would only be inrespectable clothing not like swimware that

good point- about the swimwear!
and they also said she would target phediophiles but like my DP pointed out they normally go for girls alot younger and if she was wearing something inapproriate.... another point that was stated is she is 13 on sunday i know still young...but old enough to know wat she wants outta life
[Edited on 15/09/2007]
13 on sunday i know still young...but old enough to know wat she wants outta life

i dont agree but its ur opinion so i respect that smile

i think there should be age limits- wasnt there a 15y/o that got dumped because she was too young or sumthing? i think it says something about it in the link?
yea i think so but she has only been choosen for the face of the festival isn't it and she is more a photo model and only on the catwalk once...

Glad to see there isn't an argument and poeple can respect others opinions i do admit u make a great case too
Yeah i wouldnt let my daughter i do think 12 is too young!
Post deleted by administrator.
I totally agree with you Jen.
Iwoulnt let my DD's do it.
12 is too young IMO and yep agree about 13 is a bit young to know what you want in life.
I have never modelled but could imagine what the pressures would be like-I was really into sport and had so much pressure on me to train and "make it" so I do understand the feeling of pressure and would hate my children to go through that

Posted by: miss_hollys_mummy

Last night on TT it showed a photo of her in a very very skimpy bikini. I think modelling at 12 is fine, but modelling clothes for 12 year olds, not womens clothing.
Little girls grow up too quickly these days, makes me kind of scared to have one.

I think it is ridiculous. I personally would not allow my daughter to do modelling at such a young age.
Let them be children first.

And i also think what kind of impression did it give the other contestants? FOr example, they chose a girl of 12 yrs of age, do the other older girls think that she was picked because of her Smaller frame being only 12 years old? So do they go on to starve them selves to tyr and be more thinner????

I also think there should have been a age limit set, 16 minimum. After all leally to work you have to be 14 and 9 months. So it should me much the same with a modelling job...

3 Little Ones to Love.....

I agree with u Spunky!
Sign in to follow this topic