Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Sydney
  5. First Time Older Mum living in Miranda

First Time Older Mum living in Miranda Lock Rss

Hi there

Just discovered that I am to be a Mum at the age of 38. I am still shocked and frightened at the thought of how I will cope. I work in the city and at the moment I am feeling nauseous on and off during the day and dreading feeling any worse on the train. What is scary is that I have only my husband, and his inlaws live 3hrs away. I would really appreciate having someone to talk to in a similar position.

Debra
Hi Debra. I'm not in a similar position but there are lots of older mums on here. It sounds like you didn't plan this pregnancy. I remember jumping off a train to throw up and had to wait for the next one to finish going to work. I found dry ginger ale helped my morning sickness, hopefully yours will go away after the first trimester. I'm at Menai and stay at home (SAHM). SO other than the shock and fear, are you happy to be pregnant? Are you planning to return to work straight away or taking some time?

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

Hi Debra,
I myself am a 28 year old mother of two but I'm writing on behalf of my sister who is 36 and lives at Engadine and we think she may be pregnant. I say may because she hasn't actually told any of us yet, she's just hinted. She's had several miscarriages and understandably doesn't want to announce anything until she's sure.
Your post reminded me a lot of my sister. Up until a few years ago she didn't dream of having children. She's very career driven and enjoys her work. She also works in the city. Anyway I know she also doesn't have any friends close by and none of her close friends have children. She is especially nervous at the prospect of motherhood.
Anyway I have been keeping my eye out for posts like yours in the event that she does fall pregnant, I wanted to help her feel that there are people close by she can relate to.
I'll keep you posted.
Take care
Laura
P.S the only thing that eased morning sickness for me was to try to eat something like a dry biscuit then immediately follow with a glucose lolly to suck on. For some reason they helped. Perhaps something to do with my blood sugar level as some believe this is what makes us sick. I would also suck on them throughout the day when I felt revolting, but they have to be glucose.

Laura DS July 03, DD Oct 05, DD Nov 08

Hi Debra,
I'm back with terrific news. My hunch was right, my sister is indeed pregnant.
If you would like to chat with her, her email is [email protected] She'd love to hear from you.
Just to refresh your memory, my sister's name is Danielle, she is 37 years old, pregnant and due in September with her first bub.
She lives at Engadine and like you has been a big career woman.
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and I wish you well.

Laura DS July 03, DD Oct 05, DD Nov 08

Sign in to follow this topic