Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Sydney
  5. post nanal depession

post nanal depession Rss

if anyone has pnd please let me know how ur dealing with it and what works best for u,
im going ok but sometimes i get really upset and feel like im all alone
sorry if anyone want to chat my email is
hibiscusblue@hotmail.com
Hi, I am also a PND sufferer. After my first baby it came on almost immediately and after a few years I recovered. This time it didn't come on until 8 months after the birth. I am on Anti depressants but I don't reckon they work that well. I am less anxious but I still have those really bad days. I often feel alone even though my oldest just started school and I have met heaps of mum's. I don't feel comfortable revealing my PND to people and most people don't understand what it is like. I feel pretty isolated even though there is a lot of love around me. It is important to get help early, with my first I was in denial and it almost cost me my marriage. I am looking into the 30plus vitamin supplement that helps correct hormone imbalance as I have had my hormones tested and they are way out.
Hi,
Hope you are doing ok. I suffered from pnd during my pregnancy and after the birth of my daughter although it took professionals weeks to diagnose me. I can understand the feeling of being completely alone - I felt as though I was made of concrete and was being sucked into a black hole.
How did I manage? My mum and my hubby were both a huge support and I forced myself to tell my friends and ask for help. My daughter and I also spent some time in Tresillian where they helped me to learn strategies to cope with my PND. I also tried making lists of things that I achieved during the day, even if it was only making the bed and cooking dinner. Gradually the lists grew and I made sure I started to include some things for me on them. Ever so slowly I healed and although it took me about 17 months, the days definitely got brighter after about 4 months.
I hope this helps. Stay well and treasure your child.
Carly

Carly - mummy to Alyssa, Ava and Mason

Sign in to follow this topic