Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Sydney
  5. Community Centre playgroup-Central Coast

Community Centre playgroup-Central Coast Lock Rss

Hi All,
I recently joined a playgroup run by the Chertsey Community Centre at Springfield. I think they are just fabulous. There are trained lovely ladies who run a varity of workshops for families including parenting classes and play sessions.
I was lucky enough to have them recommended to me, otherwise I may never have known about them.
They are currently running a variety of different play sessions and classes for all ages but the one I have joined could really do with some more children. They decided to run a play session specifically for 1-2 year olds. They do music, where they have introduced my son to a variety of weird and wonderful instruments he never would have had the chance to use, like Bongo drums! They read stories, sing songs and play unusual music as well as just allow the kids to play with the toys.
At the moment the session is on a Thursday from 10:00am until 12:00 and it costs just $4.00 a session. There is talk however of changing the day to a Friday, depending on what suits everyone and if that will help their numbers. Anyway if you like the sound of this playgroup and you want to know more you can email me on laudrum@hotmail.com or you can ring 4323 7158 and ask for Rosemary, or you can just turn up on the day!

Laura DS July 03, DD Oct 05, DD Nov 08

Hi Laura,

This sounds great............but i have just started swimming lessons for my daughter on that morning, and unfortunately i work fridays.

If there is any news of changing to any other day, let me know!!

I went to that health centre at Chertsey for my check ups when pregnant. That's where the community midwives were before the new big health centre at erina!!

Take care,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Tepe,
well that is a shame. We would have loved to have met you and your little one/s.
They do run other groups on different days for older children which may be worth checking out?
If anything changes, I'll be sure to let you know but I think they have decided to keep the Thursday now. That's a real bummer for you as it's so worth going. Just the exposure they're getting to new music and instruments is fantastic as I'm afraid I don't have a musical bone in my bod!
Thanks for your reply and take care smile

Hi Laura,

I will have to check out what they have for older ones, i am just getting 'out there' again so to speak, so always looking for things to do.

I also plan to stop swimming lessons for november, so i just might get there then, it's not that long away!

Keep an eye on this post for a November meeting, (if you want)?

Thanks,

Tepe

Sounds great Tepe, love to meet you, I'll watch this space!
Did you have any luck with any other groups?

Hi Laura,

To be honest, i haven't done a thing about it. I have had a few pregnant women keeping me on my feet, and things like that have just gone into the to be done file....

As a result..... i have a new nephew, Rubin 7lb 2, no 3 for that family, and 1 and 2 are with me.

I'll be back, and i will ring the centre......

tepe

How very exciting. Congratulations to mums dads and aunties and uncles!
Hope all are doing well now.
Take care (sounds like you could do with a bit of 'R and R') chat soon.
Laura smile

Hi Laura,

Very slack still...........

Everyone is doing very well, and i hope to get back to some sort of normality soon.

Thanks for your congrats...

Tepe

Sign in to follow this topic