Huggies Forum

Baby Clinics???? Rss

Hi,
I have just moved to western sydney from canberra. my daughter is 5 months old and was wondering in sydney do you talk your baby to the clinic for checkups like in canberra? if so where do you go? how far in advance do you have to book?
thanks

Tania,SYD,13mth girl. tania_heather@yahoo.com.au

Hi welcome to Sydney
Ring your local council and they will tell you where your local clinic is. you don't need to book to far in advance.
Hi and welcome to Sydney, I have found taking my daughter to the baby clinic was a waste of time due to the fact that they told me when my 3yr old was born that she'd shrunk 2cm after this i opted to take her to see a community nurse at the local chemist who does exactlly what the clinic nurse does, in doing this when i had my 1yr old daughter i took her to the clinic once and have been seeing the community nurse since. You may find going to the clinic boring and find that sometimes you are being rushed as the nurse has another appointment to attend to, i have found that using the community nurse at the chemist not only is the atmosphere better but it is somewhere i like going, maybe you can opt to do the same thing the choice is yours.
Once again welcome to Sydney.

Joy mother of 3 girls.....15,3 & 1
also from Sydney's west (Sth Wentworthville)

Joy...NSW...mum of 3G's

Sign in to follow this topic