Huggies Forum

Bambini Talent Group Lock Rss

Hello,
I've been looking to put my 3 year old daughter in a Modeling Agency and submitted two pics of her to Bambini Talent Group. I got an email back offering her an appointment in Richmond Melbourne. Now I've being some more research on modeling agencies, and I've found heaps of negative feedback from Bettina, (and some good) but wanting to know any feedback on Bambini? Some people say if they charge an annual fee, then it's a scam? But I haven't come across any that are free?? Now I'm confused? I made the appointment with them, at a $50 charge, that is fully refundable if my child is not accepted. But now wondering if it's even worth going?
Please any help or advice welcome...!!
My daughter gets intermittant work (we live in Tassie so it's limited), but we have never paid the agency we work with a cent. They only pay us - they of course take a commission when my dd gets paid work, and that is how they make thier money, and that is how the professional agencies should work.

My dd's agent told us from the start that if an agency asks for money for registration or wants you to pay for expensive test shots then they are more focussed on taking money from you and not finding work for your child.

But I don't know about Bambini personally, I would go in with a 'buyer beware' attitude. Ask a lot of questions, query the fee's and straight up ask them what they are going to do for you. If it doesn't feel right then don't do it. If you are OK with it then the worse thing that will happen is you will get some beautiful photos of your child.

My daughter gets intermittant work (we live in Tassie so it's limited), but we have never paid the agency we work with a cent. They only pay us - they of course take a commission when my dd gets paid work, and that is how they make thier money, and that is how the professional agencies should work.

My dd's agent told us from the start that if an agency asks for money for registration or wants you to pay for expensive test shots then they are more focussed on taking money from you and not finding work for your child.

But I don't know about Bambini personally, I would go in with a 'buyer beware' attitude. Ask a lot of questions, query the fee's and straight up ask them what they are going to do for you. If it doesn't feel right then don't do it. If you are OK with it then the worse thing that will happen is you will get some beautiful photos of your child.

Thanks heaps for the replies! I think I'll go to the interview and just be careful and maybe think about it a bit more after then... It's $595 I really can't afford to just loose but hopefully it all works out ok. It would be comforting to hear some good feedback from a parent that deals with Bambini personally. And I did hear that they do the shoot of your child but on top of the annual fee, if you wants copies of the pics, you have to pay extra??

Thanks heaps for the replies! I think I'll go to the interview and just be careful and maybe think about it a bit more after then... It's $595 I really can't afford to just loose but hopefully it all works out ok. It would be comforting to hear some good feedback from a parent that deals with Bambini personally. And I did hear that they do the shoot of your child but on top of the annual fee, if you wants copies of the pics, you have to pay extra??

Mandie hi - I'm just interested if Bambini accepted your daughter? I do deal with Bambini personally - we've been with them for over 5 years. I've had NOTHING from them so more fool me for continuing. I feel like we've been continually lied to - especially this last 12 months - my daughter is nearly 6. Admittedly this year we paid a reduced fee for photos & instead of my 2 daughters i only enrolled one. I complained bitterly about their lack of response. My advice to you is don't waste your money! They tell you that they are selective & cap their books at a certain number but that is truly an outright lie - what they dont tell you is that there is a very limited amount of work available for babies (yet they'll take little babies - my daughter was 9 months). We got a few castings & a couple of jobs over 6 years . I have been onto them to supply me with information about what my child has been put forward for but they told me that running reports is too time consuming & their time is better spent marketing the kids & filling briefs. I'm sorry but is my money allowing you to market & my child you're using to make money. I am more & more dissatisfied with their false representation. I'm unsure of what to do now. But if I can caution other parents about making the same mistake then my work is done. Don't do it! It's a total fraud .
@ Clax -- can I ask what agency you are with? Id like to talk to them about how things work and see ic they could possibly even recommend an agency in my state. If u would rather not say I understand but just wanted to ask. Thanku in advance.
I am in Tasmania and my girl is with a local agency called Studio E. They are only based here. My advice would be to ring around. If they ask you for any fees to register or take portraits I wouldn't touch them. I have never paid anyone, only been paid.

The other bit of advice I would have is it isn't necessarily about looks. Obviously being cute helps, but most babies/toddlers are cute anyway. It is more about personality. The child needs to be confident and secure with new people and situations and be able to take directions well. Being patient is also helpful. Good luck with your search. My DD1 does the odd bit of work here and there and enjoys it, we put the money away from her and she is building up a healthy bank balance for when she is older.

@TOFMUM I understand your email completely!
I am also currently with Bambini talent group and I hate to say that I am not impressed. I convinced myself that they were "the best" based on some reviews I read online, the amount of jobs they place and because their website looked nice, but having been with them now for nearly 1 year all I can say is I honestly feel scammed.
I've had no casting calls and therefore no work. That's not the bit I'm concerned about though, I work in the the media and advertising industry and I understand it well. If your child is not the right 'fit' for the job I get that. What concerns me is that I have no idea what's going on, no feedback whatsoever on wether people have enquired about my child, how many views I may or may not have had on AT2 - if I had that information, it would encourage me and actually make me hand over my money each year if I knew my child had any interest at all. But you are kept in the dark when it comes to anything to do with your child getting work - which is the sole reason you joined them up. On the other hand they are very good at encouraging you to order prints and spend more money on top of the five-hundred-and-something dollars I already paid with emails and notifications on their social media page.
I should have known that something was up when I paid my money and then had to wait over a month for my child to get their photos done! They must have quite a backlog of kids - which is strange considering in the interview they told me that they cap how many kids they take... things don't ad up. My feeling is if you have a child you selected of whom you really believe in and are willing to represent, you would be shooting them and putting their pics up straight away in order to market them ASAP!
I have the money to keep paying agency fees, that's not a problem for me and I would continue if I had some facts to say that it's worthwhile. But I have nothing and I wont be continuing on with them.

TOFMUM wrote:

Mandie hi - I'm just interested if Bambini accepted your daughter? I do deal with Bambini personally - we've been with them for over 5 years. I've had NOTHING from them so more fool me for continuing. I feel like we've been continually lied to - especially this last 12 months - my daughter is nearly 6. Admittedly this year we paid a reduced fee for photos & instead of my 2 daughters i only enrolled one. I complained bitterly about their lack of response. My advice to you is don't waste your money! They tell you that they are selective & cap their books at a certain number but that is truly an outright lie - what they dont tell you is that there is a very limited amount of work available for babies (yet they'll take little babies - my daughter was 9 months). We got a few castings & a couple of jobs over 6 years . I have been onto them to supply me with information about what my child has been put forward for but they told me that running reports is too time consuming & their time is better spent marketing the kids & filling briefs. I'm sorry but is my money allowing you to market & my child you're using to make money. I am more & more dissatisfied with their false representation. I'm unsure of what to do now. But if I can caution other parents about making the same mistake then my work is done. Don't do it! It's a total fraud .
i don't know anything about them personally, but i have liked them on FB and they are always posting castings for kids, newborns, pregnant ladies etc... could be worth a look. http://www.facebook.com/bumpmodelsfanpage

I just want to add that I dont really care that much about who the agency is booking and how many kids they book a month, wether it's Huggies or Target or whatever which is all over their social media pages, that goes for any agency if it's Bambini, Bettina or whom ever else. I only care about my child!!!
To All,

I currently work for Bambini Talent Group in the Sydney Head Office. I can assure you, we are an extremely reputable company and have been operating for 18 years. Bambini, as an agency, only take on children we feel have a suitable look & temperament. In saying that, there isn't a SINGLE agency that can guarantee work, and our opinion of whats "marketable" can only be based off the briefs and clients we've dealt with in the past. In such a fast paced industry, we're unable to predict what jobs are on the horizon, or even what "looks" the client might be after this time around.

What you've also noted above, is that we take on everyone - This is not true. We cap our books at 20 kids per age group, with a maximum 4 kids with a similar look in each. Say for example, we took on every child - Firstly, we would be investing all of our time into dealing with complaints, and secondly our company would not function. We are a small family business, dealing with well over 400+ clients.

As a part of an agency, there are responsibilities that you as a parent must uphold. This includes the 6 month updated shoot. Only you can judge when your child is due for an update - when they have grown the most, and what dates would suit you best. It's much better, that you contact us to arrange this, and saves phone tag. As well as keeping us updated. We can only market your child with the information you provide us, so regular contact is a MUST. Little Johnny's height isn't going to update itself!

At Bambini, we always encourage you to contact us! It's as easy as picking up the phone, and probably would take alot less effort then venting on an online blog? After all, you've paid for a service - If your child hasn't recieved anything, Pick up the phone. Contact myself, or a staff member as ask "What has my child been put forward for?" .. We compile together a casting report and email it out to you. It really is that easy.

You only have to spend 5 minutes on our Facebook page to see the quality of the work we are recieving. Sure, some kids may not be chosen - but that is something that is out of our hands. The final decision always lies with the client, and it's up to you as a parent to not only manage your childrens expectations but also your own. After all, it is Children's Modelling - The pay isn't anywhere near as high as Adult Agencies, nor is it as frequent.

I encourage each and every one of you, whether represented by us or not to contact myself directly. I will gladly answer ANY of your questions in regards to Bambini Talent Group, and what you should expect from your representation.

My contact details below - Lexy (02) 9929 9132.
Hi Lexy,

I am merely a parent who is sharing the experience I have personally had with Bambini in order to seek support or information from other parents who may be in the same boat. That is the reason I am on a mothers online forum, it's not just about "venting" for me, I'm not in the business of trying to damage a companies reputation, but I felt like this was the only option I had left. When I do contact Bambini - as you suggested above, I am made to feel like I'm an annoying nagging parent, I don't find your staff genuine unfortunately, and one of my emails was actually ignored. This is just my experience, I'm sure there are other parents out there who have had a wonderful experience with Bambini and I really hope they do come forward and post.

I do send in regular updates on my child and am fully aware that work is not guaranteed and that final decisions come down to the client and am content with that.

Thanks for informing me that we can ring and ask what our kids have been put forward for and letting me know that there is not much work out there for kids - I was not aware of this until now.

I do find it amazing that you would respond so defensively to this forum considering Bambini's reputable success in booking work as you state above.
I am writing this response, even though it was initially posted a couple of years ago to help people who are currently deciding on which agency to go through. When I was thinking of joining Bambini I read through all of these forums and was abit concerned about signing with Bambini.

I have had my son with Bambini Talent Group Brisbane for 2 years now. I paid the initial $495 registration fee. We then had our first photoshoot and were given 6 of the photos...low resolution but still great quality. We did have the option to buy high resolution prints if we wanted but the cost of these was no more than what you would pay an ordinary photographer. I did not feel pressured at all to buy them. We then had a second shoot later that year and again received 6 photos for free. For me the $495 was great just to get the 12 photos!

Although he was submitted for some jobs he did not get any casting calls during the first year. I was a bit disappointed but decided to pay the $295 to renew. Again I received 6 photos from the shoot which were great. He is now 3 yrs old and over the last 4 months he has had 3 casting calls for big company TV commercials. He was on 'hold' for one of them but missed out on that one in the end. He has just recently finished his first extra role in an upcoming TV mini series with some well known Australian actors!

I could not be happier with the way Bambini has dealt with us. I would definitely recommend them as an agent smile
Sign in to follow this topic