Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. VIC
  5. New to Ballarat-all alone!!!

New to Ballarat-all alone!!! Lock Rss

Hey
I moved to Ballarat a week ago and already am lonely!
We moved from Geelong for my husbands work and i left behind my family friends and a very comfy life!!!
We have three children-Zack is 4, Toby is 2 and Molly is 8 months.
We moved to Lake Gardens and my son will be giong to Ballarat and Clarendon College for 4 year old kinda next year.
Just would love to chat to other Ballarat mums and hear where the good shops are or good local play groups or churches etc.

thanks
Kath

Kathryn - Zack-4, Toby-2 & Molly 1

hello, im kylie.

i have a son hayden who is 14 months, im not in ballarat but about 40 mins away in avoca, i just moved there about 2 months ago and i know how u feel, leaving friends and family behind. i moved from the mornington peninsula with my partner and son, i got to ballarat at least once a week, im still getting used to all the shops an stuff but would love to chat or meet with you if you would like.

speak soon
kylie & hayden xox

***haydens mum***

Hi Kath,

I moved to Ballarat about 5 years ago from the Mornington Peninsula & like you I left behind wonderful family & friends. We moved into Lake Gardens about 7 months ago.

Since I have been in Ballarat I have made some great friends, funnily enough with girls who are not originally from Ballarat. One of them (from NZ) runs a playgroup at Invermay which is very friendly & welcoming as she knows what it is like to be new to an area.

Would love to chat,
Sharni

two little girls (2004 & 2006)

Hi Kath,

I have lived in Ballarat for about three years now and still getting use to the place. I travel to Geelong for work so i get the best of both worlds. I am still trying to find a good playgroup in the area for my 21 mnth old daughter so if i find a good one will let you know. Please dont hesitate to ask anything k...

My girls are my world!!!!

Hey Kath,

I moved to Ballarat a year ago and left my family in Queensland so we have come a long way. I have a 6 month old and nearly 2 year old, both boys. It is hard making friends unless you know someone already. After having my 2nd child I was diagnosed with PND and went to a support group and have met the most wonderful people going through the same thing. We are thinking of setting up a playgroup shortly so if you are interested let me know and yu can come one day and see what you think.
Anyway if you want to chat my email is [email protected]
Hope you had a great Chrissy.
Good luck
Sara
Hi

I moved from a small town of 13,000 people to Ballarat about 6 months ago, I still feel like a tourist. I don't really get out much and hubby works afternoon shift and sleeps most of the day so I am kinda on my own with the two kids, it can get lonely at times. My children are DD 2 and DS 7 weeks.
[Edited on 25/01/2008]

I would love to chat jessh. You can contact me on email [email protected] or msn with same log on. Maybe we catch u in person one day too!
Love Sara
hey guys i live in ballarat and would love 2 meet others with bubs as i really want Bella my lil one 2 get some lil friends and 4 me also. Starting 2 go a lil mad!

Hey kass20,

I have a little boy who is nearly 7 months and a 2 year old and would love to chat. You can contact me on email [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you.
Sara
is that msn?

hey ladies im staring a playgroup session i think it starts next wk at the ballarat north community centre. Something u mummies would love is baby gym, my friend and i went last wednesday ,its every wednesday and the bubs love it!!! The play activites and sing songs. It only goes 4 40mins and then u can stay back and have coffee and a good chat. This is at sebastapol community centre. Let me know what u think, coz im starting 2 get 2 a lonely and bored place, where i would love 2 just jump on the phone 2 a buddy and say "hey, want 2 do coffee?" so would love 2 meet some ppl and bubs.
[Edited on 31/01/2008]

Sign in to follow this topic