Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Brisbane
  5. Northside mums and bubs coffee morning

Northside mums and bubs coffee morning Lock Rss

Hello, My name is Teena am 24 and live on the Northside. I have a boy Zachary aged four and a little girl Breanna who is seven months old. We would love to meet other mums and bubs/kids and would like to meet up for coffee and a chat (and kids can play). I have been talking to other mums through the website and thought we might meet up on Thursday 16th September at 10.00am. I was thinking of Chimpmunks at Northlakes shopping centre. I havent been there but have heard they have great coffee and an indoor play centre that the older kids can play on. So if you would like to meet up on this day just post a reply here or you can email me at teenaryder@hotmail. Hope to meet some of you soon.

hi Teena!!!
where do you live on northside ??? i live at redcliffe!! i have a five nearly six month old boy bit younger than your daughter! i'm 30 years old !
hope to hear from you
Hi ladies,

I'm from caboolture myself, I also have 3 ruggies, Tyler (5), Zachary (3) & Catherine (15 months).

I dont get much time to go to coffeemornings these days lol, but would love to meet some other mums.

My problem though is i dont drive and have to rely on public trasport LOL.

Sharon, 24, Qld, 2 boys 3 & 5, girl 1.

i only have a few minutes to say hi to yous!! my boy is sleeping at the moment but because he is not a good sleeper i only have a little time so i'm speeding to get everything done before he wakes!!!
i will write you an email when hubby home and looks after the baby!! until then all the best!!!!hope u all well!!!
cya !!! got to fly!!!!
Hi Ladies,
I live at Narangba, am 30 years of age and our daughter Ella is just turning two.
Would love to catch up with some other mums, my email is loulou_074@hotmail.com if you would like to email me.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

hi!

i live in morayfield, near caboolture. i'm a good friend of "bright spark" 's and am in pretty much the same predicament as her. i'm finding it hard to keep up with everyone, working around preschool, etc. but i love meeting new mums (other mums-new to me, i mean!). i also have a problem with transport most of the time. i do drive, however, our vehicle has been off the road more than it's been on this year?! i've been walking EVERYWHERE this year, since i got my BRILLIANT 3-seater pram. ....even when our vehicle has been going i've walked most of the time, so it hasn't been all that different for me these past few months! i (obviously) have 3 little monkeys. 3 boys aged 5, 3 1/2, 2.

3 boy bundles of joy under 6, qld

hi fluttah !!!hi everybody!!!
i have to rely on public transport but it is all my fault because i'm a big chicken !!!! i don't have a licence because i'm too scared to go and get it !!
i was doing really well with my learning but then i had two car accidents one after another (it wasn't me who was driving !!!) so i don't know if i will ever be ready to drive !!! it is already too late i'm 30 years old!!! so i'm stuck in the house most of the time and i have a car which is sitting in the driveway!! sad ay???it is good that i have woollies close by !! and good that my husband is so nice and takes me everywhere when he is home !! but i wish that i wouldn't have to rely on him that much !!
ok i stop wingeing now !!
hope to hear from u all!!!bye
Thats the reason i haven't learnt to drive LOL, so now i really dont feel so bad.

I am a firm beliver in an unconfident driver is as bad as speeing, overconfident etc.

Just take your time, your never to old to learn, The lady across the raod must be in her 50's lol and for months she was taking lessons and not long ago got her car smile

We have 2 cars sitting in the driveway LOL and both not on the road.

The only reason my partner even gets to work is because his work mate has a car but no liscence lol and he has the liscence but no car grin LOL!!

I take my son to preschool by the school bus atm, and while its a pain, It easier than walking with 3 of them intow.

hi everyone!

i agree with my good friend "bright spark" that non-confident drivers are just as bad as overconfident ones and ones that deliberately break the laws. but, so saying it is one of those things like learning to ride a bike, it takes a lot of practice to be able to accomplish, but once learnt, it becomes second nature! it must be hard having to rely on and wait around for your husband, silvie, to take you out, though. although my vehicle is mostly off the road, i do choose to walk wherever i want to go. it would be nice not to HAVE to every-once-in-a-while, though!
at least your husband is supportive and understanding and willing to take you out. i can understand how being involved in 2 car accidents would put you off, but really, try not to let it discourage you! i passed out behind the wheel of my car (with 2 babies in the back seat), with low blood pressure, xmas 3yrs ago now and that was a REALLY scary experience.i never wanted to drive again! but with encouragement from my husband, i got back behind the wheel within a week of the accident and although it took a good deal longer to drive along the same stretch of road again, i eventually did! it just goes to show what you can do if you persevere! grin

Heya fluttah-bye *waves* grin

Now is that a hint for me to get of my butt and learn??? grin (j/k lol)

I have to admit tho that the idea of not having to walk everywhere is starting to become really applealing especially with school being full time next year, so i guess we will see how i go during the year grin

hi bright spark!

not at all! tongue
i knew that up until now you weren't all that interested. it is handy, though, i must admit! as you probably know, i accidently let my license expire and was without it (have now renewed it) for almost 2 months. even though our vehicle was off the road for this period (renewed it as soon as i knew we were getting it back), i still felt "naked" without it. i couldn't ask to borrow anyone's car, or offer to drive if they were too tired, etc. (not that this came up much anyway, but still!).
anyway, i just think if you do want it, just go and do it! it's nervewracking doing the test, etc. but it's all over within an hour and if you fail, just keep doing it until you pass! i realize that it's costly, but the calmer you are about it, the more likely you are to pass. if i can pass 1st time though, anyone can!!! it does pay to research and find out which areas have the most fails or fails on 1st times as these are usually ones that have some sort of "quota" to be filled-for fails on 1st time around!
anyway, just my 2cents worth! smile

lol!!! fluttah, im not sure if that made me feel better or worse tongue. (j/k as usual)

But your forgetting I've actually got to get behind teh wheel of a car first LOL!!!!

Its funny how you said feeling naked without a liscence tho, because i felt the same, even tho i've never used it for its intended purpose, i find it holds more weight as identification in general, and actually had trouble with kmart layby of all places over it being out of date, yet a nightclub acepted it PMSL!!!!

annd opps we've hijacked teenaz thread LOLOL!!!

Sign in to follow this topic