Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Brisbane
  5. Midwifery Student looking for Follow Through Women

Midwifery Student looking for Follow Through Women Rss

Hi Ladies,

My name is Melina and I am a 2nd year midwifery student and mummy to two beautiful girls.

As part of my assesment for university I have to follow through women throughout their pregnancy, during labour and follow up postnatally. My role is to be an advocate for the woman and support person during her amazing journey.

I will be required to attend 5 antenatal visits, the labour and birth and 2 postnatal visits.

I can only follow through women who are having their babies at Mater Mothers, Royal Brisbane, Ipswich, St Andrews, Sunnybank Private and The Wesley.

If you are interested or know any woman who maybe or would like some more information, please feel free to message me or email me at melinayap83@hotmail.com.

Thanks Melina

Kaliyah Jett 11/11/02 & Cruze Scarlett 8/8/06

What a pity you dont do my hospital, I would of helped you smile

Hope you find someone ...I had a student midwife for the birth of my daughter ...she helped me understand what was happening and she gave me some really really usefull information regardeing me being induced !! ...I loved her and dont know if I couldnt have done it with out her !! ...fantastic !!

best of luck !!

Hope you find someone ...I had a student midwife for the birth of my daughter ...she helped me understand what was happening and she gave me some really really usefull information regardeing me being induced !! ...I loved her and dont know if I couldnt have done it with out her !! ...fantastic !!

best of luck !!

Thank you for your support ladies! Very much appreciated smile

Kaliyah Jett 11/11/02 & Cruze Scarlett 8/8/06

Hi Melina

I wish I had come across this post a couple of months ago! I am giving birth at the Royal Brisbane but I only have 5.5 weeks or so to go so I probably don't have enough midwife visits left. I really wish I could help you out. I had looked at getting a Doula but a midwife student would have been great. I hope you find someone!

Stacie smile

Mum to Tahlia

Hi Ladies,

My name is Melina and I am a 2nd year midwifery student and mummy to two beautiful girls.

As part of my assesment for university I have to follow through women throughout their pregnancy, during labour and follow up postnatally. My role is to be an advocate for the woman and support person during her amazing journey.

I will be required to attend 5 antenatal visits, the labour and birth and 2 postnatal visits.

I can only follow through women who are having their babies at Mater Mothers, Royal Brisbane, Ipswich, St Andrews, Sunnybank Private and The Wesley.

If you are interested or know any woman who maybe or would like some more information, please feel free to message me or email me at melinayap83@hotmail.com.

Thanks Melina

Hi Melina,

My name is Kylie age 25 & i am in my 9th wk of pregnancy, would love to help you out with ur studies and also would love the advice and help u would be able to share with me too as this is my 1st bub i really dont know that much about it all I am booked in to have my 1st ante natal appt june 17 @ Ipswich hosp if u would like to contact me pls do so via email and alternatively i can give you my contacts there and maybe we can talk a little more about things hope all goes well for you and hope to hear from u soon

miss.kylie@live.com.au

how coincidental that this post was posted on my birthday smile
smile
Sign in to follow this topic