Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Brisbane
  5. 4 year old with adhd / mild autism

4 year old with adhd / mild autism Rss

Hello, I am a mother of 2 boys - my oldest is 4 with adhd & mild autism. My youngest is 12 months old.

I am looking for other mums in Brisbane who would like to share stories, advice or meet for a coffee.

I haven't lived in Brissy (Enogerra area) for all that long and my husband is away alot and sometimes (most days) I just need a break!

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Two little men smile
Hi,

I am Leng. A good place to meet other mums who have children with similar problems is centres like SEDU (Special Education Development Unit) in your local area. You may be able to find a number to call in the phone directory. SEDU's are superb places for kids who have behaviour problems, ie. if you can get a place. The services are free (Govt runned) and I believe they can help tremendously. Good-Luck!!!

Leng, Qld.

HI MY NAME IS KATHY AND I HAVE A 18MONTH OLD DAUGHTER. MY HUSBAND WORK'S LONG HOURS SO I GET A BIT LONELY AT TIMES AND YES IT WOULD BE NICE JUST TO HAVE A COFFEE AND ADULT CONVERSATION. I WORK PART TIME ON THE NORTH SIDE BUT I LIVE ON THE SOUTH SIDE. I AM 36. HOPE THAT YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND CHEERS KATHY

kathy Benson

Hi,
I have a 7 yr old son and a 4 month old son, my 7 year old Taylor was born with Kidney disease, now they think he may have slight Autism too (Asperger Disorder) would love to chat with you.
My name is Tash and I live in Redbank Plains.
niviana@hotmail.com if you want to chat!
Take Care
Tash

2 adorable boys Taylor 08/08/97 & Ashton 16/07/04

Hi two little men i thought i would reply to you as i know what it is like to have a "disabled" child in my case my son has downs syndrome and medical problems. unfortuanlty he is no longer with us (he passed away in august aged 2) if you want to caht drop me a line my email is kezzajenkins@hotmail.com
Hi, I know that Leng talked about sedu. But if you contact Disablity Services Queensland they can put you in touch with your local FECS team (family & early childhood services). I have a son with autism spectrum disorder and a daughter with similar traits although she hasn't been dianosed yet. It is still very new to us and so any information would be greatly appreciated. I am in the Jindalee area.
Martina

Martina, QLD, mum of twins Nicholas & Emma 3yrs

Hello "two little men",

I am a mother of 1 boy - he just turned 2 last week. I have moved to Brisbane just recently, living at Cleveleland. If you'd like to chat email me at samya.lee@bigpond.com.

I know we're a bit of a distance away, but please feel free to email me any time you like.

Bye for now.
Sam

Mum to toddler

Hello, you mentioned you have a 4yr old with adhd and mild autism. How did this come about??? what test did you do to dianose this illness?
I'm not questioning you I just need some help.
My 3.5 year old seems to like a normal three year old, but when he is amongst other children he gets this hyperactive, naughty side of him. He was alot worst before now, but we have taken all preservatives out of his diet and he is alot better. but still acts silly around other children when they come over. I also have him on efelix that feeds the brain fish oils, that helps with learning and behavourial difficulities. Please send your advice, I will listen to all that have children that experience the same features or advice on what I can do. Please I'm desperate.

Mary-Jane, QLD, 3 & 11 mth boys

Sign in to follow this topic