Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. QLD
  5. Moving to Townsville

Moving to Townsville Lock Rss

G'day,

We are moving to Townsville in 4wks time from Darwin.
The kids are 2.5yrs and nearly 9 months old. Anybody here from the area??
I will be looking for a playgroup / mothers group to join after we settle / unpack and that sort of stuff. Haven't found a place to rent yet, and that is another question - What areas should we stay away from???
We are looking at something less than $200pw, wether its a 2 bed unit or whatever, as long as it's reasonable. But after living across the road from the beach here in Darwin I'm not quite sure what to expect to get for that price in Townsville, we probably don't mind being a bit out of the city (like 30min drive).

Anyway, just curious if anyone on this site is from Townsville? Hubby said that Cairns seemed much nicer in the ways of being greener and more hills. But heck it's only a drive away anyway.

Cheers,

Kristina

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Hi there,

I am Tanya and live in Townsville. I hope that you have a safe trip here and enjoy your time here. It is a nice place to bring up a family here and there is more to do and see around here as well that makes like fun also. Anyway drop me a line and I can give you some info. be nice to chat to you
Cheers
Tanya.
justusandersons@hotmail.com
Hi Kristina,

Well i too live in Townsville, so if you would like to ask anything or just chat. My email address is kimroberts_14@hotmail.com.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kim

Kim, Townsville, mum of 2 girls

Hi Kristina,

I was born in Townsville and left when I was 19y...not too long ago! All my family are still up there! I love Townsville but I can't handle the heat.

Hope you have a safe move up there and enjoy yourself! Kim is a lovely lady too!

Take care

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic