Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Perth
  5. Spearwood/ Fremantle new mums! & Swimming classes for pregnant women

Spearwood/ Fremantle new mums! & Swimming classes for pregnant women Lock Rss

Hi all my name is Silvia im 23, 17 weeks pregnant with our first bub, partner in the Navy and i am moving back from Darwin NT where we have been for past 1.5yrs.

Anyone in Spearwood/Fremantle/Rockingham area?
Also is anyone going to Kalleya hospital in Fremantle at all or if they have an opinion of the hospital?
I also would like to know if anyone knows of any swimming aerobics classes around for pregnant women? Haha!

Thankss!

Silv xx

Hey Silva, i'm Rebecca. Kaleeya is a really good hospital. i had dd there. I'm now pregas and will be having bubs there again. South Lakes Aquatic center should do the preggie water classes but you would have to confirm that with them.

feel free to pm me at anytime as i am close to the spearwood/freo area too.

I personally didnt go to Kaleeya but I have heard great things about the hospital. It has just been renovated and is really nice inside.

I live around that area and there are a few pools that might do pregnancy water classes. Apart from South Lakes as suggested, you could try Melville Aquatic Centre, Leeming Rec Centre or even Next Generation Gym (I did swimming classes with my DD there and you dont have to be a member). The other thing you could try is to contact Kaleeya as they might do them. I did them at Princess Margaret Hospital if you want to drive into the city

alphabits.com.au scrapbooking - ask me about it ..

The Aqua Jetty in Warnbro do a couple of water aerobics aimed at the elderly and the preggers. Im wanting to go there, but I'm a bit shy to go on my own, coz you know... water aerobics- kinds for old people. And also i look like a whale in the water sad I needa lose weight before the bubba comes

I had my DS at Kaleeya and I found it to be lovely, the midwives and doctors were fantastic, I plan to go there next time too.

When I was pregnant I used to go to the Freo pools as they had a aqua natal class there on a tuesday morning and a thursday evening at 5.30pm, it goes for an hour and a half and it is the most relaxing class you could go too, when im pregnant again I will be going back, the teacher is a doula so can answer any questions you may have and the exercise isnt too strenuous but is a slight work out and at the end for the last half an hour you pick a partner and they drag you around the pool (you have a noodle under you to keep you afloat) while listening to beautiful music, I used to have the best sleeps after i did that class, its not expensive either, about $7.50.

Hey Silvia,
i'm looking at getting some huggies mums/mums to be together for a swim once a week at south lakes. If your interested let me know.

Becca

Hi ladies,
I'm also in the South Fremantle/Spearwood/Coogee area.. Has anyone started any aqua natal or pregnancy classes anywhere yet?
We are due in May-I am currently 26 weeks.
Having baby at The Birth Centre in Subi.

Kate
K8han wrote:
Hi ladies,
I'm also in the South Fremantle/Spearwood/Coogee area.. Has anyone started any aqua natal or pregnancy classes anywhere yet?
We are due in May-I am currently 26 weeks.
Having baby at The Birth Centre in Subi.

Kate

It might be a bit out of your way but I'm going to aqua classes at Mercy Physio (inside the hospital). I love them and am disappointed I didn't know about them sooner. They are covered by private health so only end up costing me $4 odd for a class.
Thanks for that! Is a bit too far at the moment because of time frame and work ????
Hopefully find some other groups etc.. Closer to home ????
Hey I'm also in the area, did you end up finding a local swimming class? I'd love to get in to it.
Sign in to follow this topic