Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Perth
  5. Kaleeya Maternity Hospital Fremantle

Kaleeya Maternity Hospital Fremantle Lock Rss

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone in the Perth SOR area has given birth at Kaleeya lately and what their experience of it was?????

Hi, I had my son at Kaleeya. It was 3 years ago now (god how time flies!) I'm not one for hospitals and I will avoid them if possible lol but I found it quite nice and relaxed. I was dying to get out of there by the 3rd day only because I was over staying in one room by myself most of the time.
The only thing I remember was that the mid wives were very 'breast is best' and rather have my son drink expressed milk from a bottle they were giving it to him from a small cup which I found a bit strange, a baby a couple of days old drinking from a cup because swapping from breast to bottle would just 'confuse' him or so they said. The staff were friendly and helpful enough though.

Thanks for the info - I have my first appt there on Friday so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. Sounds like it should all be okay though after reading your experience.
Very weird with the whole cup thing though????
grin
I had both my boys there in 2006 & 2009 and am about to go there again in 3 weeks time to have my 3rd bub.

I love Kaleeya and have nothing but good things to say about the place.
The midwives in the antenatal clinic are lovely and will answer any questions you may have, I am having a c-section and Dr Roland is my doctor, I found him lovely too and he has put me at ease with me having a caeser.

Having a c-section though i have always had my own room so find it quite peaceful to be by myself, the midwives are always thorough when giving meds and respond as quick as they can when you call them with the call button.

They also helped me alot to try and breastfeed (I put DS1 on formula day 2 in hospital which they were fine with, i never received any negative comments) and I had DS2 on formula while in hospital and then expressed on my last day there when my milk came in, and the midwife was very helpful showing me how to do that.

Im looking forward to my stay there again (i think it might be more of a holiday this time seeing as though I will only have 1 child to look after as opposed to my 2 at home)

Hope you enjoy your stay there.

I had both my boys there in 2006 & 2009 and am about to go there again in 3 weeks time to have my 3rd bub.

I love Kaleeya and have nothing but good things to say about the place.
The midwives in the antenatal clinic are lovely and will answer any questions you may have, I am having a c-section and Dr Roland is my doctor, I found him lovely too and he has put me at ease with me having a caeser.

Having a c-section though i have always had my own room so find it quite peaceful to be by myself, the midwives are always thorough when giving meds and respond as quick as they can when you call them with the call button.

They also helped me alot to try and breastfeed (I put DS1 on formula day 2 in hospital which they were fine with, i never received any negative comments) and I had DS2 on formula while in hospital and then expressed on my last day there when my milk came in, and the midwife was very helpful showing me how to do that.

Im looking forward to my stay there again (i think it might be more of a holiday this time seeing as though I will only have 1 child to look after as opposed to my 2 at home)

Hope you enjoy your stay there.

Thanks for your reply Nicky, its great to hear that you have had all good experiences with Kaleeya. I met with a midwife on Friday (Janet) and she was lovely.
Good luck with your 3rd!!!
i had my son there to in july 2009..i really liked it there..i found the same thing as tam..they are very much for breast is best..but when ever we fall pregnant again we will go there for the next one..(well depends if we move or not before that happens) good luck with ya bubba's!! xx
I had both my sons there in 2008 and 2010 and i loved it.Only good things to say here.They are very pro breast feeding but dont let that bother you just stand your ground if thats not your choice.Oh and Janet actually delivered my first son and she is very nice,with Dr Roland actually lol.I will definatly go back if we have anymore kids.Good luck!
My sister had her baby their in 2009.

Her experience was horrible.

Right from the time she went into labour until the time she discharged from their.

She was told to stay at home when she called to say her waters had broke, the midwives told her it would be much nicer for her to have a home birth than have her baby in hospital.... She was booked at this hospital!!

She was refused any pain relief (she was in aggony with a hip out and the baby was spine on spine), She was treated like crap from most of the midwives, and thats when she was attended to... they were rude to her visitors and her.

I found this to be disturbing considering she was a first time mum and I was worried that from her experience their she was going to suffer from post-natel depression.

After seeing how my sister was treated I would not reccomend this hospital to anyone but thats just my opinion, each to their own.
Hi, I had bud no1 (2007) and 2 (2009) and will be going in again for my third in october 2011.
i have only great thing to say about this hospital. i had my first natural birth and the second by c section... from what i remember dr rowland was really good looking to which made the expercence just that little more pleasing to the eye lol.( dont know if it was my brain playing tricks on my from the 16 hour labour with no drugs)

any way as i said it great hospital and good luck with ur bub,smile
Sign in to follow this topic