Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Perth
  5. Moving to Perth from NZ

Moving to Perth from NZ Lock Rss

So.... we are moving to Perth in July and i dont know anyone sad
My partner has family in Edgewater who we will be staying with until we get settled and find our own place but i am worried that not knowing anyone my own age with babies will have me spending all my time at home alone with a baby.
So i thought i would try make some friends before we make the move.

My name is Jessica and i am 21 and have a almost 11 week old boy. I have never been to Australia and dont know the areas at all.

If anyone knows of any playgroups or coffee groups i could join it would be much appreciated.
Hi Jessica, I don't live anywhere near Edgewater, but if you go to playgroupwa.com.au you will be able to find a list of playgroups in the area you will be living and there will be contact details so you can go along and try out different groups smile
I live not so far away from Edgewater. I'm in Kingsley which is about two suburbs south of where you will be.
I go to a playgroup on Tuesday mornings and the mums are really nice, I think they are mainly a bit older than you but if you are interested you could come along smile It is at The Homestead Kingsley Tuesday 9.15am.
Like the last person said, there is probably a playgroup closer to Edgewater too, will you be staying with family for long or planning to move to your own house fairly soon?
You could look at finding a playgroup in the suburb that you plan to move to when you get your own place so you don't have to change playgroups later?
I found this one for you if you want to email them and find out a bit more:

EDGEWATER PG INC
EMERALD RESERVE HALL, EMERALD WAY
EDGEWATER WA 6027

JEN (65402397) [email protected]

Good luck with the move, I hope you like it when you get here smile

hi jess,

i have just moved to perth from taranaki, i have family here which helps but they have lives of there own so im pretty bored lol.
my names megan im 26 and i have 2 kids who are in school and kindy and im 14 weeks pregnant. if u ever wanna meet up, feel free toi give me a txt on 0415218745

cheers hope the move over goes well for u

hi jess,

i have just moved to perth from taranaki, i have family here which helps but they have lives of there own so im pretty bored lol.
my names megan im 26 and i have 2 kids who are in school and kindy and im 14 weeks pregnant. if u ever wanna meet up, feel free toi give me a txt on 0415218745

cheers hope the move over goes well for u

just looked at map and egdewater isnt that far from us, we are in padbury
Hey thanks, im not to sure how long we will be staying with family, probly just until we find out if we can get a place of our own. i have heard that the cost of living is much higher in australia then in nz.
Only 2 more weeks to go and well be over there then i can organise meeting some mums smile
Hi ladies....can anyone give me any advice on moving to Oz from NZ? We are thinking about it. Have 3 kids and DH looking at working in the mines.
[email protected] if anyone has any advice
TIA
So far i have found things so much cheaper here.
other then fresh fruit and veges. Also renting is real expensive, luckily we are living with family at the moment so dont have to pay for that lol
But baby products like nappies and wipes and formula(even though i breastfeed) are so much more affordable.
We have been here since the 12 of july and so far loving it, other then me missing my friends and family.
not sure on other advice you would like smile

Hi ladies....can anyone give me any advice on moving to Oz from NZ? We are thinking about it. Have 3 kids and DH looking at working in the mines.
[email protected] if anyone has any advice
TIA
Hey my names tracy i moved to perth in march i live in belmont but work in mullaloo i have a 13month old lil boy romeo! and im 20 going on 21 i havnt really meet any new people my age with babys !
Sign in to follow this topic