Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Perth
  5. Auction for Ashton

Auction for Ashton Lock Rss

Hi all and thanks for reading,
With lack of funding from Make A Wish Ashton has been told that they will not be able to grant his wish.... so Im looking to do an online auction to raise funds so that I can take Ashton who was diognoised with Acute Myloide Leukiemia on 26th Febuary 2012 yo to wiggle world on the Gold Coast when finishes his chemo treatment.(with his brothers 4yo and 2yo)
Ashton was born on 26th October 2011
Since the beginning of February Ashton had not been himself, the previous week he had the flu so i was thinking it was just taking a little longer to get over than normal. Afew days later i felt two lumps on the top of his head and took him to see me local GP. GP said it was cysts and they will go away with time. I was not happy with the results so the following Friday I took him to my local children Hospital.I was told the some thing that if wasnt not gone in a month to come back, Saturday Ashton slept the whole day only waking for feeds, by Sunday morning he was throwing his milk up and was as white as a ghost. I took him back to the hospital on Sunday afternoon and by Sunday afternoon I heard the four words no human been wants to heard ' YOUR SON HAS LEUKEMIA'. He was wisked away for blood test and then sent to ICU where he was heaverly sedated for a week while he was fighting for his life.The doc gave me 20% chance he would survive. Two days later he started his chemo for 10 days then more blood test,lumper puncher, bone marrow test, kidney scan, xrays and heaps more poking and proding. He has finished his second round of chemo and has two more sessions to go to see Ashton can beat this cancer.
If you can help with donations of items or know of businesses that can help our auction please let us know. As we would love to get this Auction off the ground soon. thanks so much
[quote name='Tutu & Lulu ' date='14 April 2012 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1334400068' post='3170112'] Hi sorry i can't help with the auction side of things just wondering why make a wish can't help?? that sounds so dodgy usually they are awesome. have you tried the starlight foundation? they were awesome in granting my sister her wish smile good luck with the auction [/quot hi tutu & lulu, MAKE-A-Wish Australia has been forced to stop accepting wish requests from some of the country's sickest kids due to an overwhelming demand for their services. The charity seeks to bring a little happiness to seriously ill kids, But with a 25 per cent increase in applications and over 530 wish requests on their waiting list, the organisation has advised on its website it is temporarily unable to accept new applications. General Manager of Marketing, Fundraising and Communications Kellie Johnston said the decision had been made to protect kids from being exposed to uncertain waiting periods in having their wish granted. “We are still actively granting around 530 wishes at the moment,” she said. “But sadly we are in a position where that fills our calendar for this year and into next year.” The freeze on wishes is temporary and will be reviewed on a month by month basis, but with a large number of wishes revolving around travel – particularly to the ever popular Gold Coast – the charity is seeking new funding to help those in need. “A major sponsor tomorrow could change it all,” Ms Johnston said. It is the first time in Make-A-Wish's 26-year history that demand has outstripped funding. Due to the short timeframes available to many of the children they are seeking to help the organisation said it would be irresponsible to keep taking new requests. “It would be irresponsible of us to leave wish children and their families in a state of uncertainty about their wish granting for a prolonged period,” a statement on the Make-A-Wish website said. Funding has decreased since the charity discontinued outsourced telemarketing on the grounds it was too hard to control. “That was not a responsible way forward for us, certainly not as a principal stream of income,” Ms Johnston said.

Hi all and thanks for reading,
With lack of funding from Make A Wish Ashton has been told that they will not be able to grant his wish.... so Im looking to do an online auction to raise funds so that I can take Ashton who was diognoised with Acute Myloide Leukiemia on 26th Febuary 2012 yo to wiggle world on the Gold Coast when finishes his chemo treatment.(with his brothers 4yo and 2yo)
Ashton was born on 26th October 2011
Since the beginning of February Ashton had not been himself, the previous week he had the flu so i was thinking it was just taking a little longer to get over than normal. Afew days later i felt two lumps on the top of his head and took him to see me local GP. GP said it was cysts and they will go away with time. I was not happy with the results so the following Friday I took him to my local children Hospital.I was told the some thing that if wasnt not gone in a month to come back, Saturday Ashton slept the whole day only waking for feeds, by Sunday morning he was throwing his milk up and was as white as a ghost. I took him back to the hospital on Sunday afternoon and by Sunday afternoon I heard the four words no human been wants to heard ' YOUR SON HAS LEUKEMIA'. He was wisked away for blood test and then sent to ICU where he was heaverly sedated for a week while he was fighting for his life.The doc gave me 20% chance he would survive. Two days later he started his chemo for 10 days then more blood test,lumper puncher, bone marrow test, kidney scan, xrays and heaps more poking and proding. He has finished his second round of chemo and has two more sessions to go to see Ashton can beat this cancer.
If you can help with donations of items or know of businesses that can help our auction please let us know. As we would love to get this Auction off the ground soon. thanks so much

Hi

I'm so very sorry your little boy is facing this huge battle.

I'm not familiar with online auctions but would suggest that you personally contact businesses in your local area by calling in the first instance and trying to get a face to face meeting with them.

If you are involved within the school community or sporting clubs then I would also ask for their assistance in fundraising. Sporting clubs might even be able to help you out even if you are not members. Also the local Bunnings or supermarkets.

I read in the newspaper recently about the Make A Wish foundation no longer being able to accept any further requests due to the overwhelming number of people on their list, I really hope you can get some fundraising help to make this wish come true for your little boy and wish you all the best xox
Dear hayden82007

I’m the National Manager, Wish Services at Make-A-Wish Australia and am so sad to hear that your young son has been diagnosed with leukaemia – it’s something that no parent or child should ever have to endure.

Unfortunately, as your son is under 3 years of age, Make-A-Wish is unable to grant him a wish, as he falls outside of our age eligibility range. However, we do offer wish hampers for children under 3, filled with wonderful age appropriate toys, which we would be delighted to send out to you if you contact us with details.

Make-A-Wish has been faced with an increased demand for wishes over recent years, and we’re working hard to raise the money to help us grant each and every one of these life-changing wishes. We are continuing to receive applications and grant wishes on a daily basis. We grant hundreds of wishes each year and earlier this month, granted our 7000th wish.

We wish Ashton and your family all the best during this difficult time.

Warm wishes,

Kristine

National Manager Wish Services
Make-A-Wish Australia
Sign in to follow this topic