Huggies Forum

kalgoorlie mums Lock Rss

Hi Im 26 and have 3 kids 6yrs 2yrs and 16 mths my husband and i are thinking of moving to kalgoorlie in the next year or so and wanted to know what there is to do there, i would need to find a playgroup or similar, daycare and school, thanx.

jade82

hey jade,

i'm moving to kal also in the new year. i lived there a year before but came home to have baby and now we are moving back. from what i have found out the ycma have play group and gym for kids as for day care i just rang them all an put my daughter on the wait list. well we should catch up when u get over there. my partner and i will be there in jan.
talk soon
Hi

There are multiple play group options in different parts of town.

Daycare - we love ours which is in whitlock street, plus there is one in Rule court which is quite good. If I were you I would put your name down on a few as under 2 years is hard to get. The ABC still has a couple as well.

As for schools not sure what is good but again depends where you live. I have a friend who is a techer so can find out what she thinks

Hi, thanx girls, as this post was a while a go I now need to know about antenatal care as im expecting bub n.o 4 due 12 may 10, at the mo I see my doc as he is trained for that and its what i would prefer, with my second we were living in perth and i was having to go between different midwives and diff docs which i wasnt comfortable with but didnt have a choice. Also the hospital. thanx

jade82

Hi Jade

I moved to Kal a couple of months ago and am currently expecting baby number one in January. There is only one hospital in Kal and from the dealings I have had so far - the maternity section and the midwives are lovely. There is a couple of options for care - you can choose your OB/GYN (there are several in town) or you can do shared care between the midwives, hospital and the OB/GYN on call. I have chosen my doctor and he is fantastic - if you want to PM me I will send you his details. I am also attending pre-natal classes and the physio department runs fitness classes too! I will be happy to give you more details once I have bubs to let you know about facilites etc - but it all seems pretty good to me from what I have seen.

Cheers
Kez

Hi

I have a great GP/Ob. I used a different one last time as I was a high risk pregnacy.

Just PM me if need as well if need and I can give you details

You will need to book into the hospital as well, just ring the maternity ward to do this

Liz

Hi thanx girls, will pm you's if we make it there, should no in a few weeks!!

jade82

Hi its comfirmed, we definatatly moving to kalgoorlie, move dates around 24th jan!!! got my sons school sorted he'll be going to st marys, now just need to sort daycare out for my girls and find docs and antenatal care!!

jade82

Hi Jade

Good luck with the move - and if you need any details re Dr etc please let me know.

Have a great X-mas and New Year

Cheers
Kez
xxx

Hi

Liz
[Edited on 07/01/2010]

Hi Ladies well we're finally here in kal, my sons in school, got my ante care sorted, seeing dr Hodson at tower med centre, just gotta sort daycare and playgroup now amongst trying to unpack, which is proving difficult as theres nowhere to put anything, mainly the kids toys are left still got 5 or so boxes.So stressing out with that, hoping everything will have a home by next week.

jade82

Hi ladies

Well after a holiday to Australia last week my DF and I are moving to Kal!!! I'm excited but nervous / anxious / scared at the same time haha. Looking at getting a part time job so I can meet new people. I have a DD who will be 2 in October and we are going to hopefully start trying to expand our family after our wedding in November.
Look forward to talking to you all!

Ashlee smile
Sign in to follow this topic