Huggies Forum

Magic Cave Lock Rss

Has anyone taken their kids to the magic cave in town? If so is it worth the drive to take our 5yr old and 3 yr old? We have not taken our kids to any christmas things before and I would like to this year.

IMO the Magic Cave is a waste of time. I wouldn't go there specifically for that. Whereas it used to be pretty cool, now its basically the corner of the dept store and everything is crammed in.It used to be this big area where you felt like you were somewhere special...not anymore.
How about the xmas lights at lobethal or the brewery - both a nice drive, free with the option of spending money if you want. lobethal has a pageant, market, xmas tree festival, streets to walk to see the lights and hot food stands.
We went last year my kids are 5 and 3 now too. We liked it and the kids had a ball the only issue really was the wait which was around an hr and a half and we got there around 930 in the morning it was the 1st weekend in december
The kids will like it - so long as they are not stuck in the hour + waiting lines. Try to go later times when it is not busy. Usually the extended hour times such as thursday evenings are pretty quiet - as not many parents realise DJs is still open!
I dont think it's worth it. Is so much different to when I was a kid and they had a huge room full of christmassy scenes and displays and it seemed really special. BUt as others have said, its pretty crappy now. Just a couple of little scenes, Nimble and Nipper, a little merry-go-round and stalls selling crap food - fairy floss and lollies and such.

I live at Lobethal, so we feel we have enough 'christmas spirit' going on in our own town, and Santa is here every night too. This year in the Amberlight Deli, but previously was in clothing store in the Main Street.

PS. to the OP 'Planning Baby #3', your font is really small and a bit tricky to read. Just saying smile
I also wouldnt go to the Magic Cave. We normally go to Harvey Norman in Mt Barker. Lines are way shorter and you get a free photo. packs arent that expensive either ($10 for the starter pack).
We will be going to the Lobethal Pageant this year hopefully. It is the 23rd Dec. I have doent the Lobethal lights since before it became a tourist attraction and still love going. Also the River Bank display at West ernd brewery is great and holds many, many memories. The water wheel there is the best (bit biased as my dad engineered it).

IMO the Magic Cave is a waste of time. I wouldn't go there specifically for that. Whereas it used to be pretty cool, now its basically the corner of the dept store and everything is crammed in.It used to be this big area where you felt like you were somewhere special...not anymore.
How about the xmas lights at lobethal or the brewery - both a nice drive, free with the option of spending money if you want. lobethal has a pageant, market, xmas tree festival, streets to walk to see the lights and hot food stands.

agreed. whole heartedly.

Sign in to follow this topic