Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. SA & NT
  5. Pregnant Mother's in Adelaide.

Pregnant Mother's in Adelaide. Lock Rss

Hello Ladies.

Instead of trying to “sell” myself, I will instead explain how you can assist me in becoming a fantastic midwife.

By volunteering to allow a student midwife to “follow through” your care, including, antenatal, birth and postnatal, you are providing a valuable opportunity for the student. A student midwife first meets with you and if you are comfortable with him/her, you can choose for them to become a support person, who accompanies you throughout your journey, remaining on call for the birth. The benefit of this is to always have a familiar face when needed the most whilst knowing that you are increasing the students confidence and skills.

Every birth a student midwife is invited to attend is another step closer to becoming a fully qualified midwife. It is a fantastic opportunity for the student to see through your eyes and begin to learn just how important the role of a midwife is.

A bit about myself; I am a mother of 3 darling little girls and feel truly blessed to have them in my life. I am turning 25 in March and work part time as a Phlebotomist (Blood collector). I am also an Enrolled Nurse so I am already in the health field. I have a caring and extremely supportive husband who is willing to rearrange work commitments to assist with my studies and I am willing to travel to any hospital as I believe I will gain experience in all areas by doing this. I am from a small country town but moved to the city to better my life. I started as an aged carer, then a medical receptionist and slowly worked my way up to an Enrolled Nurse. I have always wanted to be a Midwife and I am extremely excited that I am finally taking that huge step.

I am just about to start my first year of Midwifery and therefore would mainly be there for support and observation. A free doula if you will smile

If you would like to chat further or assist me with my studies, please contact me via a private message or leave a response here and we can discuss it further. I would love to share this amazing opportunity with you. Birth is one of the most beautiful experiences and it would be an honour to be a part of someone else’s journey.

Xxx Amber

Hello Ladies.

Instead of trying to “sell” myself, I will instead explain how you can assist me in becoming a fantastic midwife.

By volunteering to allow a student midwife to “follow through” your care, including, antenatal, birth and postnatal, you are providing a valuable opportunity for the student. A student midwife first meets with you and if you are comfortable with him/her, you can choose for them to become a support person, who accompanies you throughout your journey, remaining on call for the birth. The benefit of this is to always have a familiar face when needed the most whilst knowing that you are increasing the students confidence and skills.

Every birth a student midwife is invited to attend is another step closer to becoming a fully qualified midwife. It is a fantastic opportunity for the student to see through your eyes and begin to learn just how important the role of a midwife is.

A bit about myself; I am a mother of 3 darling little girls and feel truly blessed to have them in my life. I am turning 25 in March and work part time as a Phlebotomist (Blood collector). I am also an Enrolled Nurse so I am already in the health field. I have a caring and extremely supportive husband who is willing to rearrange work commitments to assist with my studies and I am willing to travel to any hospital as I believe I will gain experience in all areas by doing this. I am from a small country town but moved to the city to better my life. I started as an aged carer, then a medical receptionist and slowly worked my way up to an Enrolled Nurse. I have always wanted to be a Midwife and I am extremely excited that I am finally taking that huge step.

I am just about to start my first year of Midwifery and therefore would mainly be there for support and observation. A free doula if you will smile

If you would like to chat further or assist me with my studies, please contact me via a private message or leave a response here and we can discuss it further. I would love to share this amazing opportunity with you. Birth is one of the most beautiful experiences and it would be an honour to be a part of someone else’s journey.

Xxx Amber

Hi Amber

I would be interested in talking to you further - maybe we could help each other??

I have just found out I am 6 weeks pregnant - first ultrasound tomorrow (eek!)

My husband and I are both from the UK and a bit overwhelmed with being pregnant/different healthcare system etc so having you on the journey with us could be very useful for us too!

I look forward to hearing from you
Alison
Hi Amber, I'm not pregnant or planning to be, but just wanted to wish you luck with your studies. I had a student midwife with my DD1 and found it fantastic. Especially for a first time mum it can be great to have someone else there to answer questions and interpret things for you that the medical people might not have time to or you might feel silly asking. Was also a wonderful experience to have the extra support person there during labour who could support me and hubby in making decisions.

I cant recommend this highly enough, especialy for first time mums. smile
Hi Ali,

I have tried and tried to pm you but it just keeps coming back with an error so if you can email me, that'd be great and we can have a chat about it. Amber.

[email protected]

Sign in to follow this topic