Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. SA & NT
  5. Moving to Alice Springs...

Moving to Alice Springs... Rss

Hi all,

My husband and I are looking to move to a community about 1.5 hours from Alice. I would love some info on facilities and shopping in town (no shops where we are going!) as well as any mothers groups. Our daughter is 7 weeks.

Kelly, mum to Olivia born 28 September 2004

Hi! I live in Alice Springs and am willing to help you any way if you like. By the way, your daughter was born on my birthday!!! smile

My email is gigalot@yahoo.com if you want to contact me at all
hi my name is sunshine. which community are you moving to and when. i live in a community about 4 hrs from alice and i have a little girl 8 months old. we go to town ever two weeks as my sister runs the novatel resort so we get free rooms. but you can also do bush orders with woolworths and kmart and foresters chemist and they get ABC Transport to brings it out to the community where you live.if you need further information or just a friend that knows whats its like to be isolated. my email is sunshineredgum@yahoo.com or msn messenger is sunshinecalvo@hotmail.com. feel free to write or leave a message here.

sunshine, geraldton,serenity born 17/3/04

Hi Sunshine! What community do you live on? I've been in Alice for years and so know most of the surrounding areas!
hi im from Ernabella about 415 kms south of alice

Yep, heard of Ernabella. How long have you been out there? And what do you guys do?
been here about 6-7 months. my dad is the cook for the aged care and i work with my mum running the town garage.

So how do you like it out there? I work at a school in Alice, not too bad! I would like to move closer to the beach though!!!! Maybe one day
not too bad i m planning to move to adelaide soon. sorry i took so long to reply went away for two weeks

Moving to Adelaide hey? I'm wanting to do that too but am waiting to get a job. No rush so I guess when someone decides they like my application!!!

Did you have a good break?
not too bad took serenity to see her father in sydney

At least it got you out of town for a while!!! What are you up to for xmas? I'm just having a family lunch, nothing terribly exciting!
Sign in to follow this topic