Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. SA & NT
  5. anyone from NT or live in a remote area

anyone from NT or live in a remote area Lock Rss

Congratulations Sunshine on your baby girl! And even more so well done for doing it all drug free!
I hope you are settling in well to being a new mum, and Serenity (hope I spelled it right) is sleeping and feeding well for you! Are you breastfeeding?

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while, Mum came to visit from Canberra for a couple of weeks and computer started playing up too. But now the house is real quiet again (James is asleep) and for the moment the computer seems to be ticking along well.

Cara, what did you think of the playgroup at the toy library? From what you described of the one you were going to at the base, yours sounded really good and alot more educational than ours. This Friday there is a farewell for one of the ladies who is leaving, so it will be held at The Planet (in Nightcliff) at the usual time. I haven't been there before so it will be interesting.

Catch you both later...

Kristina

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Hi Kristina,
I just typed you a reply and got it deleted on me. Damn computers. Causing too much hassle! ?
I thought the Toy Library Playgroup was OK but they all seemed really lost without the lady who usually runs it. I’m not the most outgoing so I sit back abit and fit in better when someone who knows what they are doing introduces people and let me know what usually goes on. Everyone was nice enough though but just seemed lost. I haven’t gone back only because I’ve had other things on Fridays. Friday is usually a busy day for me.

My Wed playgroup is really good. They always have activities to do for the kids. Water play, painting, gluing, dancing and so much else. They are very organized and make everyone feel welcome. There is always someone there running things if someone can’t be there. There are more than 1 person who usually runs it. We have a lot of fun and have some great people to chat with.

Not a lot else has been happening. Callam is exhausted so I have been getting him to sleep as much as he can and he’s slowly catching up. He’s had his grandparents around too.

How was it with your mum? Did she have a ball? I bet James loved it?!
Must go,
Cara

Melbourne, 13 yr DD, 5.5 yr DS, 1.5 yr DS

Hi Cara,

The day you came to the playgroup there was quite a few other new people too. And it takes me forever to remember names of people especially in a group. I'm hopeless with names at the best of times. It is better when the Alison is there, but it's never really structured much. Basically just a get together, and pull out some toys for the kids.

It was good with Mum (& her boyfriend) over. They both loved James, and he seems to like people in general I think. We went to a few places like Litchfield, Croc Farm, Wildlife Park. Mum & I aren't really all that close, so two weeks was probably enough. But it was really strange getting home from the airport to a really quiet house with just James & Me. I enjoyed seeing her as it's been just over a year since I saw her last.

Oh and that recreation park at Leanyer is really great for kids, an excellent water playground for the older ones, but also shallower pools for younger kids in the way of swimming. Only downside I found was that it didn't have much shade.

Other than that not much going on. James has just got his seventh tooth, so that was a few nights of getting up alot and a bit of a cranky & tired kid during the day. But seems to be over now & the matching one on the other side isn't budging at the moment.

He seems to have settled back into a reasonably predictable sleeping pattern now during the day & night. It was a bit out the window in the past month, never knew what times he would end up sleeping during the day and if it would be once or twice.

How is Callam sleeping for you during the night? I had two nights in the last two weeks where I didn't have to get up once, but that was it, it got much worse from there due to teething.

Hmmmm, I better go before this gets too long winded (should have emailed you!) Better not get deleted!!

Seeya,

Kristina

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Kristina!
I am SO SORRY I haven't emailed. I'm not ignoring you I'm just lazy and very busy! I plan on emailing you soon and relpying. I PROMISE I will!
Hope all is going well with James and your pregnancy.

What's happening with all the other NT people?
It's quite in here. Everyone flat out with their little munchkins?!
Cara

Hi Cara, i am from the N.T where abouts do you live?

megan, 4 mth baby girl

Hi Megan! I am in Alice Springs. Where abouts are you?
HI Im from Darwin have to munchkins 2.5yrs and 1.5 yrs.
I've been reading all the post,, but was trying to work out what daate they was sent. Then I saw Tia joined on the 17/11 so i knew i was getting close. happy to chat to anyone!
kristy
Sorry Meagan, not tia. (Its too late at night!!!)
Hello Megan and Kristy,
I'm in Darwin.
Weird weather lately. It's our 1st build up and NOTHING like we expected. Been through a wet and that was fine but it's not the build up it usually is from what I hear.
Talk later!
Cara

Hi! Don't think I could live in Darwin. we get bad enough humidity down here sometimes and I really do NOT like it lol. My sister loves it up there though!!!
Im a 21 year old from Darwin with 9 week old baby boy i would like the catch up with another mum to walk with of just chat to, im in Nightcliff anyone close?
please email me on [email protected]

SA mum with baby jacob 20th sep 04

hey javba

i live in alice too, and i agree, its bad enough here some days!!!! would love to chat
joixxx
Sign in to follow this topic