Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Canberra
  5. Water Birth in Canberra?

Water Birth in Canberra? Rss

Hi, just wondering has anyone had a water birth in canberra? If so, what was your experience like? and would you reccommend it?

Thanks smile

Hi,

Haven't had the water birth experience unfortunately, would have loved that for my daughters birth.

Calvary Hospital isn't too keen on the idea, I checked with antenatal midwife before birth. They do have a bath in each private delivery room to labour in but then strongly encouraged to get out before baby arrives.

Have heard quite a few people recommend the Canberra Hospital Birthing Centre, as those that I spoke to said they had fantastic water birth experience there.

Only problem is that you have to book in as soon as you know your pregnant. There are only limited spots on the books and its hugely popular.

Hope this helps, and maybe someone here has had water birth that could let us know more.

Rach

I had a waterbirth. I was at Queanbeyan Hospital, and it was fantastic. The only other place you can have a waterbirth is the Birth Centre at TCH. The other option is of course a home birth!

If you are considering a waterbirth, I'd check out:

http://www.waterbirth.org/mc/page.do

I am also a doula and work in the birth industry, so if I can help further with info, etc please let me know! I'm only too happy to help. smile

Jen.
Hello,

I really wanted a water birth for the birth of my son 6mths ago. I was very very lucky and got into the TCH Birthing centre program and was fortunate enough to have a midwife who was very proactive about it all. I had a few issues toward the end of my labour which meant I needed to get out of the water but I would highly recommend a water birth to anyone!

TCH delivery suit (upstairs from birthing centre) dose have a bath for water births but its first in first served situation.
Good Luck!
Posted by: ralu
Hi,

Haven't had the water birth experience unfortunately, would have loved that for my daughters birth.

Calvary Hospital isn't too keen on the idea, I checked with antenatal midwife before birth. They do have a bath in each private delivery room to labour in but then strongly encouraged to get out before baby arrives.

Have heard quite a few people recommend the Canberra Hospital Birthing Centre, as those that I spoke to said they had fantastic water birth experience there.

Only problem is that you have to book in as soon as you know your pregnant. There are only limited spots on the books and its hugely popular.

Hope this helps, and maybe someone here has had water birth that could let us know more.

Rach

I had my boys in calvary.. the first one i went to do naturally but found out i cant give birth that way.. bu when i went there the midwife said if i wanted a water birth then i should get in the bath... and if a nurse tells u to get out tell her to get F****D

As for the Canberra birthing center there is a saying down there... BOOK BEFORE YOU BONK HAHAH

Sign in to follow this topic