Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Canberra
  5. Any mums go to playgroups?

Any mums go to playgroups? Lock Rss

just wondering if there is any mums that go to playgroup or are members of ACT playgroups?
What do you think of them?
Is there many out there?
[Edited on 04/06/2007]
[Edited on 04/06/2007]

Happy Mumma

just wondering if there is any mums that go to playgroup or are members of ACT playgroups?
well i have been to some but still looking.

What do you think of them? they are a good place for your child to play with other kids and have a ball.

Is there many out there? there are so may of them out there here are some places to call http://www.playgroupaustralia.com.au/act/

Noah’s Ark Resource Centre provides play & learn sessions to encourage social interaction and development for children in a safe, fun filled and happy environment. Sessions are available 10am to 12 midday Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday. Fees are paid by the term and must be paid in advance.

Fees are $8.80 per session 1st child
$4.40 per session 2nd child (under 1 year old, no charge)
Annual membership with Noah’s Ark Resource Centre is necessary

A fun, hands on look at play and parenting. This facilitated playgroup provides parents with the opportunity to meet with other parents and guide their children's play in a supportive and welcoming enviroment. The playgroup provides art and craft, music, stories and other activities. A facilitator is available to support parents if they have any questions relating to parenting issues. Held Fridays 9:30-11:30. Please call 62936500 for any enquiries.

Cotton Tree Playgroup
Meets every Wednesday 9.30 to 11.30am during school terms at
61 Templeton Street, Cook (in the hall located between Cook Shops and Cook primaryschool)
All Welcome. Morning includes free play, craft, story time, morning tea and a time
for mums to chat over a cuppa whilst kiddies play. Donation welcomed $2 per week.

Enquiries: Phone 6254 8448 or 6251 7727

Friday = Funday is a playgroup that meet every Friday (school terms only) in Chisholm. We are currently searching for mummies/daddies, carers and kiddies to come and play! Children of all ages are welcome. For more information please contact Liz on 0402 077 534.

good luck with it all.

rachel 24 9/6/1982 hannah born 13/12/2005

i go to one in Palmerston on Thursdays and it is great. What side of town are you on?
Hi
Where is the one in Palmerston I live in Palmerston and it would be great once my little boy is a bit older hes 7 wks at the moment, What age can you start going?
Hi there

I joined mothers group through the ACT Health parent group 6 week program when Noah was about 8 weeks old. I found this group to be fantastic because our bubs were all around the same age. We are all still meeting today which is great and so valuable to share all our stories as the bubs went through each stage.

Lockysmum I definitely recommend ringing the ACT Health line i think it's 62077777 (that could be health first though) I'm sure that they have one on the northside.
Hi

The one i go to is at the Palmerston Community Centre on Thursday mornings. My two are 14 months and are nearly the youngest though there is one baby so if you'd like more info just let me know. It is a fantastic group of people and the kids have so much fun.
Sign in to follow this topic